Senior Director of Second Line Testing
Location: New York City
- Eight to ten years’ experience doing hands on audit or second line testing work in a regulated financial institution
- Experience designing testing regimes from scratch
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail
- Strong organizational, multi-taking, and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Testing and independent quality assurance activities across a range of risk disciplines and regulatory obligations
- Ability to orchestrating oversight necessary to meet regulatory independent testing requirements under the Bank Secrecy Act
A day in the life and how you’ll make an impact:
- Develop a risk-based program of second line testing that meets applicable regulatory standards and is appropriately tailored to assure that Melio is operating in accordance with its policies, procedures, and in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements
- Orchestrate the testing necessary to execute this program through a combination of hands-on testing activity and reliance on external service providers
- Build and maintain a robust reporting mechanism that appropriately socializes the results of reviews and the work being done to address findings generated by the reviews
About the team:
Rigorous management of legal issues and strict compliance with all applicable laws and regulations is core to Melio’s culture and the value proposition we offer to our customers and partners. From a cultural perspective, doing the right thing is fundamental to our core values. We firmly believe that our company will do well by doing good. On the customer and partner side, we know that we need to earn and preserve the trust of the people we do business with. We are, after all, in the business of managing and moving other people’s money. The essence of this relationship is trust, and that trust must be built on the policies, procedures, and controls that the Legal and Compliance team supports.
About Melio USA:
- Competitive compensation packages: We strive to make each and every employee feel valued and appreciated.
- The annual base salary range for this position is $180,000 - $200,000 with an additional bonus component
- Medical, dental, vision: We offer highly competitive and selected plans with 100% coverage, FSA and HSA.
- 401K matching and stock options: Feel the investment of working at a hyper-growth startup.
- Wellness: We take a holistic approach to wellness at Melio with a focus on providing financial, physical, emotional, social, and community support for our employees.
- Time Off: Time to rest and recharge is a priority for us. We offer competitive vacation time, sick days, holidays, parental leave and wedding days to allow you to take the time you need, when you need it.
- Food perks: Enjoy our fully stocked kitchens, along with a weekly Seamless stipend and plenty of catered meals each week.
- Office culture: Thrive in our collaborative offices in New York City or Denver, in a hybrid working environment. We are dog friendly as well!
- Growth and development: Lean on the diverse team to foster professional and personal growth through workshops, mentorship programs, and team building activities.
Melio builds business-to-business (B2B) payment tools so small business owners can spend less time in the back office and more time on their craft. As the fastest-growing B2B payment platform in the US, Melio is working hard to find new and better ways to help small businesses succeed in the ways that work best for them.
Melio's diversity, equity and inclusion efforts have always been a top priority within our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all of our employees encompass different strengths, experiences and backgrounds. DEI within Melio prioritizes race, gender, age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts that make up one's identity. Having a diverse team across all offices is key to our success, and inclusion is each #TeaMelio member's responsibility.