Payments Partnerships Associate
Payments Partnerships Associate
Location: Hybrid in NYC
- 4+ years of successful experience in cultivating partnerships within the financial services industry, or 2+ years in payments/fintech.
- Ability to thrive under pressure, resolving operational challenges with professionalism and efficiency.
- Strong sense of urgency, adept at prioritizing diverse tasks, and skilled in translating complex data into impactful insights.
- Ownership mentality, capable of envisioning comprehensive project outcomes and going the extra mile to achieve results.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to turn challenges into compelling narratives that resonate with Melio’s FIs Partners, ensuring clear and cohesive communication.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, or other related field.
- Proven experience collaborating within global teams, demonstrating adaptability and cross-cultural communication skills.
A day in the life and how you’ll make an impact:
- Collaborate closely with Product, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and other teams to facilitate smooth product integrations and onboarding processes for new banking/fintech partners, fostering strong cross-functional relationships.
- Actively engage with industry players to identify and assess new partnership opportunities within the payments ecosystem, building and nurturing relationships with both established and emerging entities.
- Support the streamline of new projects and strategic initiatives within the payment strategy team. Work closely with the US Go-to-Market team as a focal point of contact to ensure efficient collaboration and execution globally.
- Develop deep expertise in core operational activities, enabling proactive optimization, innovation, and high product performance.
- Take ownership of daily operational activities with existing financial institution partners, including Banks, FinTechs, Start-ups, Payment Processors, Networks, etc., and translate valuable insights to relevant stakeholders, ensuring seamless collaboration and meaningful outcomes.
About the Team:
As a Payment Partnerships Associate at Melio, you will become an integral part of our Payments team, where our core product lies in the payments ecosystem and financial services expertise. Your mission will revolve around supporting the lead of commercial strategy and cultivating relationships with banks, processors, payment networks, and other key partners crucial to the success of Melio’s products. In this role, you will play a central role in our daily product activities, presenting a unique opportunity to directly influence Melio’s critical processes. Join us in shaping the future of payments and making a meaningful impact within our dynamic team.
About Melio USA:
- Competitive compensation packages: We strive to make each and every employee feel valued and appreciated. The annual base salary range for this position is $100,000 - $130,000.
- Medical, dental, vision: We offer highly competitive and selected plans with 100% coverage, FSA and HSA.
- 401K matching and stock options: Feel the investment of working at a hyper-growth startup.
- Wellness: We take a holistic approach to wellness at Melio with a focus on providing financial, physical, emotional, social, and community support for our employees.
- Time Off: Time to rest and recharge is a priority for us. We offer competitive vacation time, sick days, holidays, parental leave and wedding days to allow you to take the time you need, when you need it.
- Food perks: Enjoy our fully stocked kitchens, along with a weekly Seamless stipend and plenty of catered meals each week.
- Office culture: Thrive in our collaborative offices in New York City or Denver, in a hybrid working environment. We are dog friendly as well!
- Growth and development: Lean on the diverse team to foster professional and personal growth through workshops, mentorship programs, and team building activities.
Melio builds business-to-business (B2B) payment tools so small business owners can spend less time in the back office and more time on their craft. As the fastest-growing B2B payment platform in the US, Melio is working hard to find new and better ways to help small businesses succeed in the ways that work best for them.
Melio's diversity, equity and inclusion efforts have always been a top priority within our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all of our employees encompass different strengths, experiences and backgrounds. DEI within Melio prioritizes race, gender, age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts that make up one's identity. Having a diverse team across all offices is key to our success, and inclusion is each #TeaMelio member's responsibility.