Sales Development Representative
Glad you made it! Have a sneaking suspicion that you're here for a reason - maybe it's because you're looking for something extraordinary and full of potential? Well, that's exactly how we feel about Mercury.
At our core, we believe that everyone deserves access to the solutions they need to achieve financial freedom. We're a profitable, high-growth startup that's on a mission to empower founders and finance teams with advanced tools to build and scale faster.
As a member of this team, you’ll carve the path for our first-ever SDR team at Mercury. And know - this is a big deal. This might be the right role for you if:
- You’re the kind of person who thrives on hitting targets & metrics.
- Your aspirations are focused on becoming the top-performing salesperson in the industry.
- Hearing “no” doesn’t scare you, it only fires up your motivation. You remain relentlessly optimistic, always fueled with energy and determination.
Here are some things you'll do on the job:
- Be the face of our company, reaching out to potential customers and introducing them to Mercury.
- Conducting research to identify and target potential customers while collaborating with the sales team to develop and implement outreach strategies.
- Cold calling, social and email prospecting to generate interest and schedule meetings.
- Qualifying leads to ensure they meet our ideal customer profile.
- Building relationships with prospects to understand their needs and pain points and scheduling meetings with the sales team.
- Tracking and reporting on sales metrics and pipeline activity.
- You're a people person with excellent communication with the ability to share complicated ideas with clarity and precision.
- You have 1 year of experience in sales/business development or something you feel is equivalent.
- You're a hustler with a proven track record of achieving and exceeding goals.
- You're creative and tenacious, always looking for new and innovative ways to reach potential customers.
- You're a team player who wants to level up with your teammates and you are comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- You have a passion for fintech.
- You enjoy learning about companies with complex technical products.
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits.
Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the saas and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry. New hire offers are made based on a job candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers.
Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
- US employees in the New York City or San Francisco Bay area: $70,000–$88,000 USD
- US employees outside of the New York City or San Francisco Bay area: $60,000–$75,000 USD
- Canadian employees (any location): CAD 64,000–80,000
Something looks off?