Product Controller, Treasury
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Finance Team:
We're looking for a highly proactive, enthusiastic and commercially-minded Product Controller to work within our Financial Reporting team, and help us build a world-class Finance function.
We have some really exciting challenges coming up in Finance like building out our Treasury function, transacting derivatives and more complex fixed income products. Across the business we’re also launching investment products, continuing to grow our customer base, keep growing our lending business and add to our marketplace. You’ll work on scaling Monzo in a controlled way, while helping us optimise our financial control processes with the help of technology. You’ll join the Finance team and report to one of our Financial Reporting Managers.
- Work very closely with our Treasury team as we build our product control capabilities in Finance, helping support them with their derivative and investment transactions.
- Take ownership of the daily control processes around these products, including trade confirmations, daily profit and loss reporting and independent price verification. Helping to build out best-practice, scaleable controls.
- Help manage a tight process with the rest of our Finance team to ensure a swift month-end close process for those products you’re responsible for.
- Understand the Treasury business and their products to write insightful management commentary.
- Help scale the product control function as Treasury grows. They have big plans, which will require product assessments, building new processes and controls to support them, increasing valuation work and custody/clearing broker management.
- Work with our engineers to automate the production elements of this role, allowing you to focus on the parts of the role where your knowledge and skills provide the most value.
- Support the implementation of new Treasury systems.
- Work with 2LoD and 3LoD to develop a robust control environment.
- Prepare monthly management and adhoc reports, offering meaningful analysis of movements.
- Resolve miscellaneous inquiries and support the overall Finance team wherever needed - from forecasting and reporting, to bank transfers and new system implementations.
You should apply if:
- You have experience in product control 3+ years (ideally with Treasury experience or a good understanding of bonds and derivatives)
- You have a great eye for detail
- You’re fascinated by the banking and regulatory landscape, and have a good understanding of key financial controls
- You’re a self-starter and enjoy tackling what needs doing, whether it’s making a bank transfer or pulling together reports for management or investors
- You’re comfortable translating complex information into simple words for people with diverse backgrounds
- You’re interested in using data (SQL skills would be a bonus)
- You thrive in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment
- What we’re doing at Monzo excites you!
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- 30 mins phone call with a recruiter
- An initial call with someone from the team
- 2-3 interviews remotely via hangouts
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on email@example.com
What’s in it for you:
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.
Something looks off?