Operations Manager, Vulnerability, Accessibility, Inclusion & Bereavements (VAIB)
📍UK Remote - 💰 Salary £45,000 - £60,000 + Benefits
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
We’re looking for an experienced Vulnerability, Accessibility, Inclusion and Bereavements (VAIB) Operations Manager to be a leader for our VAIB Team Managers (TMs) and Customer Operatives (COps).
In VAIB at Monzo we set the support standards for those in different or difficult circumstances across the financial services industry, by creating safe spaces for our customers to share their circumstances and developing inclusive products that empower financial wellbeing. We're here to make money work for everyone.
Our VAIB Operation provides support, solutions and signposting for our vulnerable customers to meet their particular circumstances and needs. We identify customers that might be showing signs they may be struggling or might struggle in the near future as well as supporting those that are already vulnerable.
We believe that our VAIB support teams are best placed to support customers and help find solutions or signpost them to support that best fits their specific needs when they have a full and detailed understanding of the customer’s circumstances.
To facilitate this, you’ll have the opportunity to lead teams working on a broad variety of tasks supporting Monzo’s VAIB strategies.
Most of your time, you'll be focusing on leading VAIB Operations in helping and supporting our customers. You’ll be responsible for the overall performance of your area including quality, staffing and hiring, customer and COp satisfaction, efficiency, cost, delivering and embedding change as well as driving continuous improvements.
What you will be working on:
Instilling a high performance, highly engaged culture focused on the completion of exceptional quality work, and risk-awareness, in a team that needs to be laser-focused on supporting our vulnerable customers and the safety of the bank.
- Directly managing 6 VAIB Team Managers, helping them excel in their roles by: having regular 1:1s, coaching them through challenging problems, giving and receiving candid feedback, and acting on management information
- Being an effective advocate and communicator of change
- Running group sessions for leaders, e.g knowledge sharing sessions
- Monitoring service levels and addressing identified service challenges
- Handling complex or novel escalations from your team
- Regularly reviewing and managing performance at both individual and team level, supporting career development and continuous growth and development
- Working closely with VAIB leads and analysts to drive improvements to our operational efficiency and performance
You should apply if:
- You have significant experience of VAIB operational management working with and managing front line vulnerable customer operations
- You’ve led successful, large teams to achieve their goals and have an empathetic leadership style
- You’re as comfortable working 1:1 as communicating with large groups,
- You empower your people to find solutions themselves
- You can motivate teams working on ongoing operational work (in particular teams that work remotely)
- You are very hands-on and solve problems when you spot them
- What we are doing at Monzo excites you!
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Application questions & CV
- Recruiter Call
- Role Specific and Leadership Interviews
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications is Friday 1st December at 9am.
What’s in it for you:
💰 £45,000 - £60,000 ➕ stock options & benefits
📍Remote within the UK
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.