Data Platform Governance Lead
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Data Team:
Our Data team's mission is to
Enable Monzo to Make Better Decisions, Faster
At the core of this mission sits our data platform. We're great believers in powerful, real-time analytics and empowerment of the wider business. We optimise for simplicity and re-usability – all our data lives in one place and is made available via our data warehouse in Google BigQuery. Data Governance, as an essential part of maintaining data quality, security, accessibility, and regulatory compliance, plays a key role at enabling such capabilities consistently.
What you’ll be working on:
You'll be working at the intersection of data, engineering, governance and risk functions, forming part of a high performing cross disciplinary team. You will be moving us forward on part of our Governance strategy and roadmap, with a specific focus on executing data governance within our Data Warehouse and Looker. At Monzo, we have adopted an agile approach to Data Governance where we are 100% value oriented rather then treating governance as a pure "compliance thing". We see effective Data Governance as a competitive advantage which is key to maximise value from data.
Working in a multi-disciplinary team, you will (in the context of the data platform):
- Establish Data Quality standards, and implement processes to maintain them
- Help to automate governance processes, including things like checking data quality
- Ensure consistent reporting of data quality issues, regulatory compliance and enahnce controls for Data Access
- Establish metrics and measurements for all the above
- Help define and enforce Data Governance policies
- Interface and manage Data Governance stakeholders, e.g. legal & compliance; data stewards community; data privacy office etc
You should apply if:
What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
- You have delivered a similar set of objectives within large, complex organisations before
- You have extensive experience in executing cross organisational change in medium to large sized companies
- You have excellent communication skills and experience influencing people who you don't have direct authority over
- You believe in Agile Data Governance as key enabler to maximise value from data; you can strike in a healthy balance between empowering and enabling bottom-up data stewardship and top-down guidance through policies and standards where necessary
- You have robust practical knowledge of key regulatory requirements
Nice to haves:
- Solid technical understanding or maybe past experience as an engineer or an analyst; basic SQL knowledge
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions!
- 30 minute recruiter call
- 45 minute call with hiring manager
- 2 x 1-hour video calls with various team members
Our average process takes around 3-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you
What’s in it for you:
✈️ We can help you relocate to the UK
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.