Senior Product Manager, Homeownership
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Homeownership Team:
Our Homeownership team is building products to meet the needs of Monzo customers who own their own home, or aspire to do so one day. We’ve already become the only bank in the UK to give our customers visibility of their mortgage, no matter which provider they hold it with. We’ve also added useful tools to allow customers to see the equity they’ve built in their home, how interest rate rises might affect them and how overpaying could save them interest. But this is just the beginning for this team, which has huge ambitions!
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll lead a cross-functional team to build and grow products to support our customers in their journey of buying and owning a home. You’ll do this by building a deep understanding of customer needs in this space, as well as understanding what is and isn’t possible from commercial, regulatory and technical perspectives. You’ll use this to set a product strategy.
- You’ll communicate effectively with people of all levels of seniority. You’ll get people inspired by the product vision and you’ll share the right context with the right people at the right time.
- You’ll lead planning processes and associated roadmap prioritisation to get your team working on the highest impact priorities that contribute to wider business goals.
- You’ll work iteratively and collaboratively with design, engineering, research, data science, product marketing, compliance and many others to refine your plan and execute against it effectively.
- You’ll help to shape product strategy across Monzo by sharing insights from your work.
- Ideating with engineers and designers on different approaches to showing a customer their progress repaying their mortgage
- Leading a workshop with your team to hypothesise new experiments you could run to increase adoption
- Presenting a new product feature to stakeholders at Product Review and gathering feedback and challenge
- Planning and joining research calls to better understand how people are saving for their first home today
- Speaking to data privacy specialists to understand what data we can and can’t collect in the onboarding journey
You should apply if:
- You’ve got extensive experience of shipping successful, customer-centric digital products in a fast growing company.
- You’re passionate about building great products for customers and not just achieving business results.
- You start from first principles. You’ve previously built products that tackled long standing customer problems in a new way, or otherwise broke from the industry status quo. You’re not satisfied to simply build the same product your competitors offer.
- You’re data driven, passionate about metrics, and intellectually honest about how your work is performing -- and driven to continuously improve it.
- You’re full of novel ideas and creative solutions, and able to tease them out of others too.
- You’re comfortable spanning the worlds of design, data, user research, marketing and engineering.
- You can work effectively with a diverse range of people and working styles to get stuff done, and are able to thoughtfully and constructively challenge and influence the people you work with.
- You have the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively to a wide range of audiences, and in a structured way.
- You’re a fast learner, humble and curious, and enjoy developing yourself and others.
- What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
The interview process:
Our interview process involves 4 main stages:
- Recruiter Call
- Initial Call with Hiring Manager
- Experience Loop, consisting of x3 hour long interviews to assess Project Walkthrough, Case Study and Leadership.
- Final chat with our Chief Product Officer
Our average process takes around 5-6 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s in it for you:
💰 £85,000 to £120,000 depending on experience ➕ stock options & benefits
✈️ We can help you relocate to the UK
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.