Senior Audit Manager, Platform, Data and Security
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been confusing, complex and not designed with customers in mind.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving customers' problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
Our Internal Audit team is growing and we’re looking for a Senior Internal Audit Manager to join the team and help build out the function. This role will be responsible for audit delivery across the Platform, Data and Security portfolios.
Internal audit is Monzo’s “Third Line of Defence” (3LoD). Internal Audit provides Monzo’s Board and Executive Management with independent and objective assurance on the adequacy and functioning of the system of internal control. The scope of internal audit covers all activities at Monzo, all areas of current and future risks within Monzo, and an assessment of risk management and mitigation controls in Monzo’s current and expected business environment.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Leading the Platform, Data and Security audit plan, completing issue validations and one off targeted change programme reviews
- Owning risk assessments for the technology portfolio and ensuring that they are up to date, accurate and Internal Audit think strategically about these when planning.
- Developing and executing a flexible audit plan covering the platform, data and security areas in accordance with our internal audit methodology and regulatory requirements.
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders and attending key committees then using this to positively impact audit delivery.
- Forming an independent view of whether the key risks to the organisation have been identified, including emerging and systemic risks, and assess how effectively these risks are being managed.
- Embedding the use of data as part of our core audit processes (risk assessment and planning, audit execution, continuous monitoring).
- Delivering value-adding and insightful audit reports, ensuring factual accuracy is agreed and managing stakeholder communications.
- Ensuring the principles of integrity, objectivity, confidentiality, and competency are applied and upheld.
- Provides guidance and mentorship to other Audit Managers including reviewing and providing feedback on workpapers where possible
- Owning the enhancement of the audit function through delivery of strategic objectives.
You should apply if you:
- Are a strategic thinker, self-starter and can approach situations with a level of flexibility that allows you to adapt to a fast paced environment.
- Are able to drive change and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Possess strong presentation and report writing skills.
- Have a relevant qualification (Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) certification, CISA, CISM, etc).
- Have strong technical knowledge of Information Security Principles, regulatory and legislative requirements (e.g. GDPR)
- Have technical subject matter expertise from prior technology experience or from within a large financial institution.
- Have a proven track record of identifying, assessing and evaluating risks and controls, advising business stakeholders from a risk perspective, while also understanding the commercial view.
- Are a strong leader with experience in people management; supporting peers and leading high performance teams to meet pre-agreed deadlines.
- Have a good understanding of IIA standards as well as emerging risks and industry trends and would be willing to share this with the wider audit team.
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 4 main stages:
- Call with our Hiring Team
- Take Home Task
- Role Specific Interview
- Values Interview
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s in it for you:
💰 Circa £95,000 salary dependant on experience ➕ stock options ➕ benefits
✅ We can sponsor visas.
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.