Web Content Strategist
📍London or Remote | 💰£72,000 - £85,000 + Benefits | Hear from the team ✨
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for an experienced content strategist for monzo.com. Someone to set a strategy that enables product teams to grow through the web, who can also create content themselves too.
We’ve got ambitious growth goals, a beloved brand, and a growing suite of products that cover more of our customers’ financial lives. We’re looking for someone to take all this into consideration and define how we should show up on one of our most important touchpoints: our website.
You’ll work in a cross-functional team across design, product, product marketing, engineering, data and growth marketing. You’ll create an exceptional experience for people on our site, that helps them discover Monzo, represents our brand, and drives growth across our products.
You’ll report to our Head of Content and be the first person owning content strategy for the web. You’ll set the strategy and get stuck into delivering it yourself, bringing together the right people from across the business to help you.
The role will initially focus on our website. But in the future, there’ll be scope to explore what content should look like on other channels like the Monzo app.
Some of the things you’ll be responsible for:
- You’ll work with a cross-functional team to make monzo.com much better, building it into a brilliant, high-performing website.
- You’ll bring our brand and products to life on our website. You’ll work out how we communicate our brand proposition and show off our growing product ecosystem on monzo.com. You’ll go beyond screenshots of the app and functional descriptions of features, thinking creatively about how we express who we are and what we can do for our customers.
- You’ll set the standard for our experiences and content on monzo.com. You’ll define how we structure our content and create frameworks and tools we can use to build out our web experiences in a more uniform way. By creating more consistency, you’ll improve discovery for our customers and let us measure performance more efficiently.
- You’ll define how we measure how our website’s performing, establishing success metrics for monzo.com. You’ll make sure we can see and track them, to understand how different strategies and journeys are performing. And you’ll use these results to optimise and iterate, driving growth.
- You’ll be the guardian for our website and oversee what we publish, when, where and how. You’ll create and manage an approval process for website content, holding a high bar for quality across everything on monzo.com. You’ll also manage requests from other teams across the business, like legal and compliance.
- You’ll help us bring new products to market, collaborating with designers, engineers, product marketers, SEO experts and writers to launch the new things we’re building, and help more people discover them.
This is for you if:
- You have a track record of building amazing, high-performing websites, defining and delivering a strategy that’s successfully driven growth for another digital product.
- You’ve implemented content strategies as part of a cross-functional team – you know how to put things into practice, navigating and influencing as part of a team that includes data, marketing, engineering, design and product.
- You’re an experienced writer – able to craft content yourself, as well as create guidelines and frameworks for other people to contribute quality content themselves too.
- You have experience working with SEO experts to write content that supports SEO, while being compelling, creative and representing our brand.
- ‘Content’ doesn’t just mean writing to you! You think about content in a holistic way, that goes beyond blogs and website copy. You have experience with other media, like video and animation.
- You know how to create a brilliant branded experience on the web – you think creatively to build a web experience that expresses a brand’s values and personality. And you understand how doing this can drive growth.
- Your starting point is your customer – their needs and goals, and how you can meet them. You understand user-centred design principles and use them to shape your content strategy. You have experience with user research and regularly speak to people about what they’re trying to achieve. And you’re familiar with using web analytics data to understand people’s behaviour too.
- You think about end-to-end experiences, and can help us deliver coherent journeys for our customers across the multiple touchpoints they have with us – from paid social ads to the website to the app.
- You use data to measure and improve your results and like running experiments to make things better. You get familiar with your users’ journeys from start to finish, and identify problems and opportunities to improve them. You know how to carry out A/B testing and have experience optimising conversion on the web. You’ve probably spent a significant amount of your life in Google Analytics (or an equivalent tool).
- If you have technical knowledge that helps you work with cross-functional partners, that’s a plus. For example, you might be familiar with web markup or clued up on web content accessibility guidelines.
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves four main stages:
- Recruiter Call - Phone Call (30mins)
- Initial Call - Video Call (30 mins)
- Take Home Task (to complete within 7 days)
- x2 interviews via Google Meet (x2 60mins)
Our average process takes around 3-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability.
You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions or want to talk through reasonable adjustments ahead of or during application please us at any point on email@example.com
What’s in it for you:
💰Salary is £72,000 - £85,000 (dependant on experience) ➕ stock options
📍This role will be based out of our London office next to Liverpool Street station in a hybrid approach of office based and home working or on a fully remote basis within the UK
⏰We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.