Director of Product Marketing
📍London or remote (UK) | 💰salary will be dependant on experience + Benefits | Hear from the team ✨| Check out our Career Launchpad 🚀
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
We are looking for a Director of Product Marketing to lead the team in defining our product propositions and go-to-market strategies.
You’ll develop the team, bring new people on board, and be a key partner to Marketing and Product as we listen to our customer needs, understand the competitive landscape and build things that help people manage their financial lives.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to);
- Go To Market Excellence: Develop and roll out go-to-market plans across all our products, working with Product, Design, CRM, Growth, Press, Brand and others. Define the strategy for successful introduction of products and features.
- Market Insights & Strategy: Develop a point of view on market trends, customer behaviours, and competitive changes that impact our Products. Drive in-depth market research alongside our User Research team from segmentation to category drivers.
- Lifecycle Strategy: Formulate the strategy and tactics for product marketing that support messaging in an end-to-end journey. Develop a deep understanding of customer journeys that lead to targeted campaigns and greater customer loyalty.
- Positioning & Messaging Mastery: Deeply understand our market and customers to compose powerful, differentiated positioning. Craft (and coach others to craft) impactful messaging frameworks that resonate with our target audiences.
- Team Development: Lead, mentor, and grow an agile team of product marketers. Coach and develop across product marketing craft, as well as career progression. Staff a high performing group against evolving priorities.
- Cross-functional Partnership: Be comfortable and work well with a broad range of people at every level of the business from senior leadership to individual contributors.
- Data-driven & KPI-led Thinking: Identify opportunities to incorporate greater attribution and analysis into GTM strategy. Define the metrics of success for product marketing at Monzo.
You should apply if you have:
- Experience building and leading a product marketing team and a passion for coaching and developing future leaders
- Past work in a consumer products organisation working with a complex ecosystem of products. Start up experience is a plus
- A proven track record of working closely with Product leadership and helping to shape go-to-market strategy from the early stages of product building
- An eye for a great strapline, and the ability to clearly and constructively critique a creative approach
- A strong understanding of key metrics that matter to a product marketing organisations
- A passion for the product marketing discipline and its critical role within the organisation
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves four main stages:
- Recruiter Call (30mins)
- Initial Call (30 mins)
- Case Study (45 min)
- x3 final interviews via Google Meet (x2 45mins & x1 30mins)
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your hiring process, but if you do have any specific questions before this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also use that email to let us know if there's anything we can do to make your application process easier for you, because of disability, neurodiversity or any other personal reason.
What’s in it for you:
💰 Competitive base salary ➕ stock options
✈️ We can help you relocate to the UK
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍 This role can be based out of our London office next to Liverpool Street station (a hybrid of office based and home working) or fully remote within the UK
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2023 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.