Transaction Monitoring Analyst II
We are MoonPay. Architects of the future, inventors, artists, and authors of innovation.
Our vision? To unlock digital ownership for everyone. We are onboarding the world to web3, where people can own and control their digital identity, data, property, and money.
MoonPay is the world’s leading web3 infrastructure company. We provide end-to-end solutions for payments, enterprise-scale smart contract development, and digital asset management. Many of the world's most iconic brands rely on MoonPay to power their web3 strategies and ideas.
Now boarding the next generation of leaders. Come help us build what's next.
As a Transaction Monitoring Analyst II, you’ll join our team at MoonPay to support the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) in ensuring that the business operates in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements and all Group standards relating to anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing (AML).
This role will work independently and closely with the Transaction Monitoring Manager, Blockchain Team Lead, and/or applicable Head of Compliance in international operational jurisdictions to ensure that all BSA/AML related matters are addressed in a timely manner and in accordance with MoonPay's Compliance BSA/AML policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, inquisitive individual with a background in AML/BSA, able to work independently and as a part of the team, can analyze, assess financial activity/documentation to evaluate potentially unusual activity. We are currently looking for candidates in Poland.
What you’ll do 👀
- Utilize the Anti-Money Laundering transaction monitoring solution to independently analyze, detect, and assess activity or patterns of activity that does not commensurate with the customer’s profile or expected activity.
- Conduct blockchain wallet screening alerts and/or investigations to include on-chain activity to determine if the activity is potentially suspicious.
- Analyze transactional activity, along with information collected through internal systems, blockchain screening tools, and open sources and use sound judgment, decision-making skills in making reasonable and well supported alert dispositions with adequate conclusions.
- Prepare clear and concise alert and/or case dispositions of potential suspicious activity detected for various jurisdictions for a Suspicious Transaction Report (STR)/Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) consideration.
- Liaising with with Blockchain vendor when needed
- Support Managers and Team Leaders in conducting AML investigations.
- Keep up-to-date with industry news and developments both in BSA/AML and KYC, as well as in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space.
- Assist with training, coaching, mentoring and job shadowing for new and existing team members.
- Serve as a backup for any FIU Analyst related functions and contribute to additional assignments/projects as assigned by Management.
You should apply if ✅
- 3+ years experience at a financial institution, ideally in FinTech and/or MSBs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Additional languages will be considered an asset.
- B.A./B.S. degree; or equivalent work experience or research experience a plus.
- ACAMS / ACFCS or ICA accreditation
- Ability to maintain a strong operational focus with the capacity to manage time sensitive workflows across competing priorities.
- A passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it.
- Strong ability to analyze data and identify potential red flags
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- First-rate decision making skills, bias for action and sound judgment.
- Detail oriented, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Proven track record of interpreting large amounts of complex information and extracting facts objectively
- Ability and passion to learn and adapt quickly, as the crypto space are constantly evolving
- Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities and learn new tools quickly
Bonus points ➕
- Crypto-specific investigative work experience, and knowledge of blockchain analysis across various crypto products
- Experience with blockchain analytics software (e.g. Chainalysis, TRM Labs, CipherTrace)
- Crypto compliance certifications (CCI, CTCE, CCFC, Reactor, KYT)
- Experience with Fraud/AML investigations and preparing SAR/STRs.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time! Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Hiring Manager Screen (20-30 minutes)
- Compliance screen (20-30 minutes)
- Culture Screen (20-30 minutes)
- Final interview (20-30 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance
Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for this role if they do not have solid experience in 100% of these areas. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you are only a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot.
We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at MoonPay.
Something looks off?