Sales & Business Development
Gurugram, Haryana, India
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
As the first Indirect Tax person, you will be responsible for the management of sales and use tax returns for United States and GST and VAT for all non-US countries. The successful candidate will assist in implementing system and apply a broad knowledge of Indirect tax accounting principles, practices and procedures to coordinate evolving transaction tax, compliance programs while simultaneously monitoring the consistency in the application of corporate tax policies and procedures to ensure compliance with tax laws.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare and manage all tax compliance projects such as monthly/quarterly/annual US SUT/ GST/CIT/TDS returns for timely filing, as well as preparing reconciliations for the HQ team.
- Review developments in cross border taxes, such as digital service taxes and analyze its applicability to the company
- Review customer facing documents, such as invoices for compliance and reporting purposesAssist in India tax provision preparation for HQ WW tax provision reporting, including return-to-provision analysis and annual tax reporting packages.
- Handle notices issued under different sections of direct & indirect tax laws seeking information from the company and responding to tax authorities in coordination with or without external advisors.
- Collaborate with accounting and finance departments to ensure proper tax reporting for US GAAP and Indian GAAP.
- Prepare documentation, policies, and schedules, to enhance Navan’s auditability standard and internal tax governance.
- Work with business leaders to understand product capabilities and customer profiles, assess tax implications, and make recommendations to proactively address tax issues.
- Support business expansion needs, including research on tax requirements and registration obligations in new markets.
- Provide updates on tax law amendments, evaluate their impact to Navan and its customers to HQ TeamLiaise with tax authorities or auditors for various direct and indirect tax related matters.
- Assist in implementation of transfer pricing policy, information gathering for transfer pricing studies/assessment, documentation and compliance.
- Assist in tax related matters for other Asian locations, including but not limited to Australia, Singapore and New ZealandWork with our treasury team and manage our India banking operations, including Liaising with banks and maintaining relationships for Navan.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Preferably post graduate/MBA.India CA required and US CPA a plusIn-depth knowledge of India direct and indirect taxation.
- Good communication and analytical skills is a must.
- The role will require the candidate to review and process tax documents, and co-ordinate for data gathering and reporting.
- Hands-on experience and understanding of the workings related to US Tax Reporting.
- 9+ years of relevant work experience necessary.