Senior Software Android Engineer
We're seeking a Senior Android Engineer to join Navan who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. This Android Engineer will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build a new generation of our mobile applications within the payments and expense management space.
This is a very unique role which combines the small team feeling of a startup launching a brand new product, with the perks, opportunity size and impact of an established company. Our team is building the next big thing, from scratch, but all within the hyper-growth context of Navan. You have a chance to heavily impact the roadmap of a nascent product and organization.
What You'll Do:
- Re-imagine how business travel works
- Quickly implement and iterate on new and innovative ideas
- Collaborate with designers and engineers
- Analyze and optimize UI for quality, efficiency and performance
- Work collaboratively with Product managers and designers on defining the best mobile user experience
- Live and breathe beautiful mobile experiences
What We're Looking For:
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience building high-quality Android apps
- A strong understanding of the full life cycle of app development using Google's Developer Portal
- Experience building consumer facing apps and have published apps in the market
- Experience designing, developing, debugging and deploying software for mobile development using Kotlin as the primary language
- You understand the nuances of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to effectively write code for a multitude of Android devices
- Knowledge of Android design principles and third-party libraries
- Experience with cloud messaging API’s, offline storage, background processing, threading, and performance tuning, caching and performance optimization
- Prior experience building RESTful API’s focusing on integration with back-end services
- Experience with cloud messaging API’s, offline storage, background processing, threading, and performance tuning, caching and performance optimization.
- A solid foundation of modern data structures, algorithms, and software design and can consistently deliver testable, scalable, highly-readable code using OO best practices.
- Hands on experience with continuous integration
- Kotlin, RxAndroid & Dagger2 experience
- Experience with MVVM/ MVP
The posted pay range represents the anticipated low and high end of the compensation for this position and is subject to change based on business need. To determine a successful candidate’s starting pay, we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location, an evaluation of the candidate’s skills and experience, market demands, and internal parity.
For roles with on-target-earnings (OTE), the pay range includes both base salary and target incentive compensation. Target incentive compensation for some roles may include a ramping draw period. Compensation is higher for those who exceed targets. Candidates may receive more information from the recruiter.