ARGeo Operations Field Specialist (Contract)
Niantic's ARGeo Operations team spearheads large-scale and experimental data collection projects that power and improve the industry-leading AR and mapping technology in our Niantic Lightship platform. This work is foundational to achieving our vision of a real-world metaverse that inspires people to explore the world together.
As part of ARGeo Operations, you will make a critical contribution to the development of features that blend our physical and digital worlds together ever more seamlessly. As an ARGeo Field Specialist, you’ll run end-to-end field operations to collect data for our customers, enabling us to add more high-priority locations to the Niantic Map. You’ll also run projects to create high-quality training data for and audit the performance of models that fuel our ability to produce an increasingly scalable, semantic understanding of the world around us. This role will expose you to a variety of processes and specialisms within ARGeo Operations as we build out this emerging area at Niantic.
- Run mapping and research experiments end-to-end, including training and overseeing surveyors.
- Collect and deliver experimental scanning data to the Research and Mapping teams. Includes identifying suitable scanning locations and acquiring permits.
- Support the delivery of training data (e.g. labeled data sets) in line with AR Research needs.
- Test and run data auditing tasks to improve our ML models.
- Proactively look for improvement opportunities through data analysis and field data gathering.
- Provide operational support for ad-hoc Research projects.
- Receive and fulfill all customer requests for activating specific locations from priority partners and teams, ensuring these are delivered rapidly and to unique specifications where required.
- Perform all inventory management tasks for scanning devices and equipment, including procuring and handling data plans.
- Ability to adapt. You are comfortable with hands-on, physical tasks.
- Attention to detail. You handle all aspects of a task with care, no matter how small, to consistently deliver high-quality work.
- Exceptional air traffic control skills. You make light work of turning high volumes of frequently changing inputs into watertight allocation and resourcing plans.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. People are always crystal clear on what they need to do and why when working with you, and you’re adept at tailoring style and content to different audiences.
- Natural teaching ability. You enable others to deliver work to specifications without needing to make corrections yourself by providing effective training and precise, practical feedback.
- An unfailingly consistent ownership mentality. As a tenacious problem-solver, your colleagues can rely on you completely to get the job done, no matter how complex it is.
- A high-energy approach to work. You move at pace and are never a blocker.
- Previous project and team management experience, ideally on a real-world operation with an outsourced workforce.
- Previous experience of data collection operations and/or field operations.
- Previous experience working on a mapping product.
- Previous experience with data management.
- Inventory management experience.
The salary range for this role is GBP 3,263 - GBP 3,806 per month.
Something looks off?