Site Reliability Engineer
Niantic is looking to hire a Site Reliability Engineer focused on Cloud Infrastructure to join our team! In this role, you will work on our core technologies supporting some of Niantic's most innovative and popular games, such as Pokémon GO, Ingress, and Pikmin Bloom. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining our infrastructure and applications to ensure the highest levels of reliability and availability. Also, you will partner with a cross-functional team of developers, quality assurance engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure our systems are scalable, secure, and efficient.
- Design, implement, and maintain infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform using Kubernetes, Terraform, and Grafana.
- Develop and maintain automation tools and scripts to deploy and manage infrastructure and applications.
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure applications are designed with reliability and scalability in mind.
- Develop and maintain monitoring and alerting systems guaranteeing the health and performance of our infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to infrastructure and game performance and reliability.
- Continuously improve our infrastructure and processes to increase efficiency and reduce downtime.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office 3 days on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in site reliability engineering or related fields.
- Strong experience with Google Cloud Platform and Kubernetes.
- Strong experience with automation and scripting languages such as Bash and Python.
- Experience with Docker or another lightweight container engine.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Passion for gaming and an understanding of the importance of uptime and reliability in the gaming industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- Experience with Tanka, Loki and Helm.
- Experience with load testing tools and techniques.
- Experience with Argo and Gitlab Pipelines for continuous deployment/integration.
- Understanding of service meshes like Envoy.
- Familiar with Gradle build tool.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $142,000 - $166,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015. Some of our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Our basketball universe has come to life, as we recently launched one of the most innovative sports games ever, in partnership with the NBA. NBA ALL-World is now live and playable globally! Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Kansas, New York, Miami, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Something looks off?