Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) - Platform
Niantic Quality Engineering Team is seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to implement test automation and lead testing efforts for Niantic's platform. Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of Augmented Reality (AR) and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions. Responsibilities include executing end-to-end test plans (both automated and manual), ensuring that all objectives are met, and implementing test automation solutions. You will be responsible for working closely with other Quality Engineering (QE) team members, our QE manager, TPMs, Developers, and our production team to deliver high-quality experiences to our customers and best-in-class technology solutions for our platform test automation.
- Design, build, and extend automated tests for the Niantic platform.
- Leverage automation frameworks to build end to end test automation and other testing tools which enable fast creation of web, mobile application and API level automated tests.
- Build and manage testing estimates, schedules, timelines, bug analytics/metrics, and mitigation plans.
- Drive the development and execution of test specs, test cases, and suites for new features.
- Participate in the review of QE and Engineering procedures and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office 2 days on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related engineering fields, with a minimum of three years automation development experience.
- Proven understanding of QE methodology and tools.
- Experience with test infrastructure, device farms, build infrastructure, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong experience building efficient and scalable API/Libraries/Services.
- Experience using mobile, web UI, or API test automation frameworks (Appium, Cypress, Playwright, Selenium, and other automation tools) to write end to end scenario based automated tests.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- Working experience with Unity.
- Proficiency in Node.js.
- 2+ years of Games Industry experience.
- Experience and knowledge on GitLab, Gradle, cloud platforms and Kubernetes
- AR game testing experience.
- Experience with shell scripting (bash).
- Experience leading, building, and crafting test strategies for mobile apps and consumer-facing products.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $135,000 - $198,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015. Some of our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Our basketball universe has come to life, as we recently launched one of the most innovative sports games ever, in partnership with the NBA. NBA ALL-World is now live and playable globally! Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Kansas, New York, Miami, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Something looks off?