Accounts Payable Manager
Niantic is seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Manager to lead our Global AP team. As an AP leader, you will be responsible for all aspects of function. This role involves managing a team and working closely with other departments to maintain strong vendor relationships, cross functional teamwork and financial accuracy.
- Supervise and lead the accounts payable team in accurately processing invoices and expense reports.
- Review and verify the accuracy of invoices, purchase orders, and other supporting documentation.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures in invoice processing.
- Manage the disbursement process, ensuring that payments are made on time.
- Coordinate with the treasury team to ensure sufficient funds are available for payments.
- Manage payment methods, including checks, electronic transfers, and ACH payments.
- Maintain strong relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Resolve any vendor inquiries or discrepancies promptly and professionally.
- Prepare and review accounts payable reports including AP aging and weekly metrics.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and audits as required.
- Continuously assess and improve accounts payable processes for efficiency and accuracy.
- Implement automation and digital tools to streamline workflows.
- Train, and supervise accounts payable staff.
- Set performance goals and provide regular feedback to team members.
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office 2 days on Monday and Wednesday.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with 6+ years of accounts payable experience.
- 4+ years of supervisory experience.
- NetSuite or similar global ERP system experience (a plus).
- Previous working experience with automated invoice processing.
- Advanced Excel proficiency required.
- Excellent time management skills, organization, and ability to multitask and prioritize effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to detect errors.
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $131,000 - $146,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic's global-scale augmented reality platform and digital map powers spatial computing experiences in the real world. Incubated out of the Maps team at Google, Niantic first created Ingress and then Pokémon GO, a cultural phenomenon and hit game played by tens of millions of people each month. Niantic’s Lightship platform, which powers Pokémon GO, also supports the company's other games including Pikmin Bloom, Peridot and Monster Hunter Now. Developers use Niantic’s platform to build their own AR applications and experiences, either with the Lightship Platform or directly through the web with 8th Wall.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Kansas, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID