Live Events Game Designer, Pokémon GO
Live events are at the core of Niantic products and highlight our real-world social experience at its best. Niantic is looking for a Game Designer to help bring our games to life for millions of fans around the world. In this role, you will work cross-functionally to map out content, incorporate game features, and craft impactful experiences that scale accordingly for our various live event initiatives for Pokémon GO. At Niantic, we are trail blazing in the world of fully immersive AR experiences, and the Live Events Game Designer will play a meaningful role in the success of this strategic pillar for the company.
- Become a master of internal game tools to set up test events and work with QA to ensure everything runs smoothly ahead of event days.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to identify appropriate content, gameplay loops, and feature sets to incorporate into various live event initiatives.
- Set up tracking dashboards to analyze and report data in order to make informed decisions on where/what to adjust for future events, including gameplay, ticket pricing, venue selection, and event hours.
- Work closely with the Infra team to identify key features to improve live events and prioritize accordingly.
- Develop new event concepts for existing and future games to bring the live event experience to millions of players around the world and keep things fresh.
- Update and improve existing tools and design event templates to enable regional scalability.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office 2 days on Wednesday and Thursday.
- 3+ years as a Live Ops or Mobile Game Designer, or crafting large scale activations/events.
- Strong knowledge base of Pokémon GO and the general Pokémon franchise.
- Expertise with spreadsheets and in manipulating, summarizing, and maintaining large data sets.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- Familiarity with Niantic events, having attended one or many first-hand.
- Experience with Augmented Reality products or experiences.
- Proficiency in G Suite a plus.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $117,000 - $130,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic's global-scale augmented reality platform and digital map powers spatial computing experiences in the real world. Incubated out of the Maps team at Google, Niantic first created Ingress and then Pokémon GO, a cultural phenomenon and hit game played by tens of millions of people each month. Niantic’s Lightship platform powers Pokémon GO and other Niantic games including Pikmin Bloom, Peridot and Monster Hunter Now. Developers can now use Niantic Lightship and 8th Wall to build their own AR applications and WebAR experiences.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe in encouraging a workplace where our people are supported and included. This environment is critical to crafting phenomenal products that our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in-person interaction and collaboration cultivates creativity, a sense of community, and is crucial to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Kansas, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID