EMEA Sales Development Manager
We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Nike, Airbnb, Slack, Samsung and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in-person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Sales Development Team:
Notion is looking for an experienced sales leader to run our EMEA Sales Development Function. This leader will develop, train and hire a highly driven and hardworking team of lead generation and lead qualification professionals. The Sales Development team is the first interaction with prospective Notion customers and is key to the success of our Sales organisation!
At Notion the Sales Development team is responsible for driving new business opportunity and expanding market share through qualified pipeline, as well as driving the business forward by developing the next generation of top closers. As the Sales Development Manager you will be responsible for delivering both revenue and talent for our business. You will focus on the Recruitment, Enablement and Execution of your team to assure the continued successful trajectory of this strategically important department.
Our ideal candidate for this role has proven experience in managing, building and encouraging a team to achieve daily, weekly and monthly/quarterly targets in addition to delivering feedback to marketing and sales operations about lead quality and process improvements.
What You'll Achieve:
- As the EMEA Sales Development Manager, you will work directly with the EMEA GM, as well as regional peers, in creating and developing Notion’s Sales Development strategy, process and playbooks
- Partnering with regional leaders across Sales Strategy, Marketing and Sales teams to plan territory mapping and pipeline development programs
- Build winning teams through Attracting, Hiring and Developing the world’s best SDRs
- Enable your team to relentlessly prospect, identify and qualify sales pipeline through your coaching and mentoring on topics including: courageous qualification, prospecting techniques, phone skills, and strategic engagement with Account Executives
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales teams to ensure we capitalise on the massive market opportunity ahead of us
- Help build the foundations of Sales at Notion: As an early member of our sales org, you'll be instrumental in helping define our sales assisted motions
- Join a fantastic team at a magical time: We've hit profitability and over three million users with a small team, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here
- Meaningfully shape our future product: As you engage with customers, you'll gain insights to help us serve them better — and work with product to inform what we do next
- Elevate your skills as we tackle our most impactful challenges: We've achieved more than teams 10x our size in less time — and there's so much more to do and learn
- Hire, mentor and lead a team of Sales Development Representatives
- Develop the sales, product and industry skills of each team member
- Empower team members through creative incentives
- Regularly report on Team/Individual Results - Lead Quantity, Quality and Revenue
- Work closely with Marketing on defining Campaign follow-up and reporting
- Work closely with Sales Managers and Reps to ensure Lead Quality/Quantity and accurate follow-up
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of Process, Efficiency and Productivity
- Proficient in Salesforce.com and Notion
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- You are inspired by our mission of making software tooling ubiquitous
- You have managed a sales development team before or have been a top performing seller with previous sales development experience
- Strong track record of achieving sales targets across team and individual goals
- Skilled in managing and coaching through the full sales cycle from prospecting to closing
- You have strong recognised leadership skills with a focus on empowerment, positive-mindsets, collaboration and ability to inspire a team of direct reports
- You are comfortable with the ambiguity and pace of iteration of an early-stage startup
- You have a growth mindset and thrive in the building stage of a nascent team
- You view setbacks as learning opportunities, not failures
- You have a high EQ and exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- You have an analytical mindset and enjoy problem solving as part of a regional leadership team
- You have strong empathy for customers and passion for revenue and growth
- You have a good understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Strong experience in SaaS sales and closing new business
- Demonstrated history of consistent goal achievement in a highly competitive environment
- Experience leading and improving Sales Development critical metrics
- Outstanding time management and communication skills
- Energetic, upbeat, entrepreneurial, tenacious team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of Salesforce.com features and limitations
Nice to Haves:
- You've built new business sales playbooks or processes
- You've been a first or early hire at a fast growing start up before
- Ability to function in a “Player/Coach” capacity as we scale EMEA
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.