Creative Operations Manager, Campaigns
We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About The Role
Notion’s Creative Team is a group of strategists, designers, illustrators, filmmakers, writers, web engineers, and producers that deliver on all of Notion’s brand and creative expressions. We're looking for an experienced, process-oriented operations expert who excels at scaling processes and bringing clarity to complex processes and resourcing challenges — and can help our team reach exceptional outcomes.
What You’ll Achieve
As Creative Operations Manager, you will be responsible for implementing repeatable operational practices that help our multidisciplinary organization deliver high-impact projects quickly, while maintaining our high quality bar. Reporting into Creative Strategy & Operations*,* this is a new role on the team — a unique opportunity to define the operational structure, agency collaborations, service-level agreements, engagement models, process optimization, and resource management that drives the rhythm of our work.
- Envision and build operational structure to align the Creative Team across design, video, illustration, campaigns, and web, and with the rest of the company
- Optimize the execution of brand and creative campaigns, managing budgets, resources, and creative asset development from production to delivery with third-party agencies
- Solve for operational risks and dependencies by analyzing tradeoffs, mapping resources to OKRs, and pre-empting disruption to project timelines, deliverables, and team resourcing
- Partner with team leads on annual budget planning and regular budget tracking, including vendor/asset reconciling, expense tracking, and cost-effective strategic decisions
- Create and own our service-level agreements with both internal partner teams and external vendors, providing regular project statuses to stakeholders while tracking progress towards milestones
- Be the Creative Team liaison between functions including Finance, Legal, and Recruiting
Skills You’ll Need to Bring
- 9+ years of experience working in Creative Production, Creative Operations, Program Management, or a similar field, with proven success leading complex projects to fruition
- Speed: You bias towards action and operate with ambition, creating processes that help your team do the same
- Creative champion: You have both empathy and passion for being an essential part of the creative process and view the quality of the team’s work as a direct reflection of your own
- Collaborative: People on the teams you operationalize become the best versions of themselves by working with you
- Order agent: You love creating RACI charts and planning sprints, and are always seeking to turn ambiguity into clarity
- Skilled executor: You’re able to operate at all altitudes within an organization, from scheduling executive reviews to facilitating creative crits to ensuring contractors get paid on time
- High EQ: you’re great at reading both people and rooms, and can adapt your operating style situationally
- Experience using Notion - bonus points for both personal and work use
- Overall familiarity with web design & development for sophisticated websites a plus
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in San Francisco or New York City, the estimated base salary range for this role is $145,000-$170,000 per year.