Escalations Agent (WA or FL)
About the role
OfferUp is seeking a data-driven, highly motivated, and organized customer support agent with experience in customer service, executive escalations, payment processing, and fraud investigations.
At OfferUp, you will be part of a purpose-driven community with a dynamic and versatile work environment. OfferUp Escalations (Customer Support) is an integral part of OfferUp that values neighborly collaboration, inventiveness, and data-driven decision-making. You will help create the future of re-commerce and make an important, positive impact on millions of OfferUp buyers and sellers. Your contributions and previous experience will help us maintain a safe, healthy community and create a trusted and neighborly customer experience.
What we love about this role:
- This role is empowered. From the tools at hand to resolve complex internal and external customer inquiries to being the voice for change in the organization and in the product.
- We are a team that embraces new tasks, documents the workflow to perform those tasks or resolve the issues, and then migrates the work to other operational teams.
- Variety! From Executive escalations to Fraud investigations and everything in between.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Work escalated tickets from internal and external teams using Zendesk.
- Perform a variety of investigation types to identify and resolve complex account issues using Stripe.
- Work independently and with a sense of urgency to meet KPIs.
- Use independent and autonomous decision-making to resolve high-value, brand-defining escalations that may require resolutions outside of established policies.
- Prepare timely, detailed and factual data reports on trends and then drive changes to improve the customer experience.
- Provide feedback on gaps in current processes with appropriate mitigation solutions.
- Collaborate and develop cross-functional partnerships with internal and external teams.
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 3+ years in a customer-facing role managing relationships, providing solutions, and guidance.
- 3+ years of conducting end-to-end investigations with payments, banking, e-commerce, and fraud.
- Technology savvy, demonstrated ability to learn new software and systems quickly
- Experience in launching new products and features in the App or tech space
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex issues clearly
- Demonstrated ability to quickly analyze data, find patterns, and make accurate decisions with little guidance
- Ability to thrive and be adaptable in an ever-changing environment and take personal ownership of projects and tasks
- Ability to work one weekend day (remotely), holidays and extended shifts, as needed
- Ability to use sound judgment to make decisions in a timely manner with incomplete or ambiguous information
- Ability to effectively manage time, and individually prioritize multiple tasks of competing priority
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and data security standards
- Seeks out efficiencies and proactively provides solutions to complex problems.
Compensation Range: $51,000 - $61,000 (annual) = $24.52 - $29.32 (hourly)
OfferUp offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. Individual salaries within our ranges are determined through a variety of factors including, but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. All roles will receive equity in OfferUp as part of their compensation, the amount of equity varying depending on the individual’s level and experience.
In addition to our compensation package, this role is eligible to enroll in health insurance, healthcare savings and spending accounts, retirement savings benefits (401(k) plan with match), basic and voluntary life insurance, disability benefits, and paid time off for sick leave, family and/or medical leave, vacation, and 12 company holidays. In regard to vacation time, full-time, non-exempt employees will receive 160 hours of paid vacation per year (pro-rated if they start a date other than January 1). Each year, full-time, non-exempt employees may carry over a balance of 40 hours of vacation time to the following year. In regard to sick time, all full-time employees (exempt and non-exempt) will be granted 12 days (96 hours) of sick time per year (pro-rated if they start a date other than January 1). Your recruiter can share more details about specific benefits during the interview process.
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.