Engineering Manager II - Ads (@Remote Bellevue, WA or Miami, FL)
About the role:
OfferUp is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join the Advertising team. The Advertising- Networks team builds advertising systems and integrations that powers the delivery of all 3P ads on Offerup, We strive to get best Ad experience to our users through a mix of Ad Types (PLAs, Display, Interstitials) full filled through Direct /Programmatic Demand
At many organizations, your role begins and ends with managing engineers. On our team, we’re different. You lead the team and also the technical systems. Your responsibilities will include everything from managing engineers to architecting and monitoring the systems/features. You also get to take ownership beyond your technical area by working with cross-functional team members (Product, BizOps, CS).
Here’s more of what you will do:
- Drive success in a fast paced , multi organization with minimal process and a heavy emphasis on ownership.
- Lead, mentor, and coach an engineering team and help engineers to progress in their careers.
- Support your team by contextualizing the larger vision, enabling prioritization and fostering high focus and executional excellence.
- Incubate new ideas and create the engineering roadmap for the team.
- Work collaboratively with our business partners and product managers to distill complex business problems into simple and robust technical solutions.
- Recruit new engineers to grow and expand our teams.
- 4+ years of experience managing a team of 5+ software engineers.
- 8+ years of professional software engineering experience, of which at least 2 were devoted to mobile app development.
- Deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Professional experience working with large-scale distributed systems.
- Professional experience with database systems, both relational and NoSQL databases.
- A strong product mindset along with experience in delivering large complex projects collaborating with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders that are technology, operations or business focused.
- General understanding of the advertising marketplace and landscape.
- Well grounded domain experience in advertising, having built and operated ad systems that deliver and optimize Programmatic, Direct Demand.e.g GAM, TAM.
- Familiarity with running A/B tests in production environments and analyzing data to launch features.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Information Systems/Technology, Information Science, or a related discipline.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Helpful, but not required:
- Experience with cloud infrastructure AWS.
- Familiarity with legal compliance and changing landscape of ads regulation around the world.
- Awareness of ads industry technology standards (e.g VAST, OpenRTB) around the world.
- Awareness of ads industry technology standards (e.g VAST, OpenRTB)
Compensation Range: $198k - $270k
OfferUp offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. Individual salaries within our ranges are determined through a variety of factors including, but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. All roles will receive equity in OfferUp as part of their compensation, the amount of equity varying depending on the individual’s level and experience.
In addition to our compensation package, this role is eligible to enroll in health insurance, healthcare savings and spending accounts, retirement savings benefits (401(k) plan with match), basic and voluntary life insurance, disability benefits, and paid time off for sick leave, family and/or medical leave, vacation, and 12 company holidays. In regard to vacation time, OfferUp has a flexible vacation policy and, in general, full-time exempt employees will be expected to take 3-5 weeks (15-30 days) of pre-planned vacation time per year. Vacation needs are flexible and will naturally vary from year to year based on individual circumstances and business needs. In regard to sick time, all full-time employees (exempt and non-exempt) will be granted 12 days (96 hours) of sick time per year (pro-rated if the start date is other than January 1). Your recruiter can share more details about specific benefits during the interview process.
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.