Director of Revenue Operations
About the role:
Are you ready to help shape the culture, playbook, and results of a growing salesforce organization? We are looking for a Director of Revenue Operations to create and refine an end-to-end sales cycle utilizing great business judgment to shape the current setup and future of a growing sales organization focused on multiple verticals.
What we love about this role:
As Rev Operations Leader, you will be able to tie together Product, Sales, and Marketing to create a successful customer journey that will increase acquisition, retention, and revenue. You will create and maintain the Sales compensation philosophy with support from your Sales Peers and HR team. You’ll be responsible for all reporting and analytics, business goal tracking, forecasting, and driving operational efficiencies within OfferUp Sales Organization. The successful candidate will demonstrate hands-on experience in an operations environment with a proven track record of business management, a customer-focused and analytical approach, and a passion for working collaboratively.
The successful candidate must be able to roll up their sleeves, and work directly with the models/data. You will drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, have excellent project-management skills, and be able to communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
Here's more of what you will get to do:
- Customer Journey. You will create a successful customer lifecycle starting with Awareness and ensuring all steps along the process are met while increasing customer satisfaction and retention across multiple verticals.
- Salesforce Productivity. Own with the support of the Director of Sales, HR, and Finance, the pipeline metrics and optimization, creating and maintaining team level and salesperson level performance and quota-setting, own incentive plan strategy and design, sales process improvement, and sales forecasting
- Sales Strategy. You will build and own the go-to-market planning for sales-related products, including pricing, segmentation, expansion strategy, customer success, and cost to serve.
- Sales Segmentation. Identify and implement the most effective and efficient way to scale multiple Sales Organizations with differing tooling needs.
- Reporting. Defining foundational KPIs and reports for use by our executive team down to the team on the ground.
- Manage a team of 5-6 Program Managers, Salesforce.com Admins, or Data and Tools Program Managers.
- Be responsible for the management of all the tech stack that the sales team utilizes, including Salesforce.com, Gong, Outreach, Tableau, Seamless.AI, and more.
- Be responsible for delivering critical insights that will evolve the way we sell to customer.
- Drive reporting, insights generation, process improvements, and consistency
- Be the go-to partner in the day-to-day with Product, Data Engineering, Sales, and Sales Operations to build tools, provide ideas to increase our sales results, and support current and prospective customers.
- Utilizing Jira/Scrum to ensure request backlogs are maintained and prioritized.
- Investigate all major areas of our sales and service model, looking for ways to increase productivity, revenue, and value delivered to customers
You'll thrive in this role if you have:
- Recreate/process weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales reporting for all levels of our company, from the team on the ground to our executive leadership
- Examine and optimize our lead generation activities; define a scalable process to create cold calling lists based on multiple prospect sources.
- Setting and measuring team and salespeople incentives and quotas
- Analyze our sales pipeline and create a scalable process to implement with Sales Leadership
- Deep dive into the performance drivers of our customers
- Identify the business needs and requirements for the release of additional verticals.
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or a related field required
- 10+ years of experience in leading sales operations, sales compensation, business operations or comparative field, and/or financial analysis experience supporting a sales organization
- Impeccable integrity
- Self-starter who hits the ground running and thrives on getting things done.
- Ability to take ambiguous directions and create solutions to meet those demands
- Comfortable working with executive-level, sales associates, and business team leaders
- Strong work ethic and ability to multitask, juggling multiple projects, excellent prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to accurately manipulate and move data to and from a variety of sources across multiple platforms; ability to query, sort, merge, combine, and summarize
Helpful, but not required
- Proficiency in Tableau
- Salesforce Admin certification
- Scripting/Workflow automation skills
Compensation Range: $169,000-241,000 + up to 20% annual bonus
OfferUp offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. Individual salaries within our ranges are determined through a variety of factors including, but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. All roles will receive equity in OfferUp as part of their compensation, the amount of equity varying depending on the individual’s level and experience.
In addition to our compensation package, this role is eligible to enroll in health insurance, healthcare savings and spending accounts, retirement savings benefits (401(k) plan with match), basic and voluntary life insurance, disability benefits, and paid time off for sick leave, family and/or medical leave, vacation, and 12 company holidays. In regard to vacation time, OfferUp has a flexible vacation policy and, in general, full-time exempt employees will be expected to take 3-5 weeks (15-30 days) of pre-planned vacation time per year. Vacation needs are flexible and will naturally vary from year to year based on individual circumstances and business needs. In regard to sick time, all full-time employees (exempt and non-exempt) will be granted 12 days (96 hours) of sick time per year (pro-rated if they start a date other than January 1). Your recruiter can share more details about specific benefits during the interview process.
OfferUp is the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S. We are changing the way people buy and sell in their communities by providing a uniquely simple and trusted experience on our iOS and Android apps. Our goal is to be the platform of choice for local commerce by connecting buyers and sellers through an interface that makes selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from a mobile device. OfferUp was founded in 2011 and has grown to serve local markets across the U.S. with more than 1 in 5 adults using OfferUp in 2022.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- Top 10 Shopping app in the App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.