Director of Tax Partnerships (Remote)
Strength in Trust
At OneTrust, we help businesses around the world to make trust a competitive advantage. Our category-defining enterprise platform enables organizations to operationalize trust across privacy, security, data governance, GRC, third-party risk, ethics, and compliance, and ESG.
OneTrust is looking for an experienced Director of Tax Partnerships (Remote) to help build a best-in-class tax department. If you’re a self-motivated, goal-oriented, professional who is passionate, and if you thrive on working in a fast-paced category leading company, then this is the role you want. Bring your proven track record and solid working knowledge of income tax provision and compliance process design, management, and execution.
In this role, you will be responsible for various tax issues, including preparing partnership capital account workpapers, federal and state return coordination with an outside provider, shareholder communication and related technical issues. Opportunities will also exist for exposure to various other specialty areas, including global provision, federal and state compliance, credits and incentives, sales/use/withholding taxes, and other special projects. You will partner closely with our finance, legal and stock plan administration teams.
You’ll work with a high-energy, entrepreneurial team that is building an organization that will scale with OneTrust’s hyper growth. If you are looking for a position in which no two days are the same, teams work together quickly and urgently to solve issues, and where we love working together every day, then buckle up – this could be the role for you.
- Prepare and review federal and state partnership tax returns and related schedules including Internal Revenue Code (IRC) 704b accounts.
- Prepare and review partnership allocation schedule and maintain partnership tax basis balance.
- Evaluate the tax aspects of partnership agreements, work with outside legal firm on the terms of the agreement and the understand how to be compliance to the agreement
- Manage the preparation of complex tax projections, estimates, and forecasts
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local tax laws and regulations
- Identify when research is needed; clearly and concisely frame issues to be researched; and clearly and concisely reports the analysis
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills as well as decision-making skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Solid organizational skills, especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
Your Experience Includes
- Ten (10) or more years of prior relevant tax experience and/or public accounting, private industry accounting or consulting/professional services experience, required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Statistics, Master’s in Accountancy or Taxation, preferred
- Experience with Partnerships including understanding of various partnership specific items including but not limited to section 704(b) and taxable income allocations, capital account maintenance, liability analysis and allocations, section 734(b) and 743(b) adjustment calculations and Tax Receivable Agreement (TRA) calculations.
- Strong technical skills in accounting and tax preparation, SaaS specialization a plus
- Experience in dealing with international tax matters a plus
- Previous experience in a public accounting firm preferred
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, remote or hybrid workplace flexibility, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.