Senior Quality Engineer - WCAG
Strength in Trust
OneTrust is the trust intelligence cloud platform organizations use to transform trust from an abstract concept into a measurable competitive advantage. Organizations globally use OneTrust to enable the responsible use of data while protecting the privacy rights of individuals, implement and report on their cyber security program, make their social impact goals a reality, and create a speak up culture of trust. Over 14,000 customers use OneTrust's technology, including half of the Global 2,000. OneTrust currently ranks #24 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list of top private cloud companies in the world and employs over 2,000 people in regions across North America, South America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
- This is a hands-on testing role. In this role, the resource is closely working with the product team to understand the functionality being developed and tested to make sure it meets the acceptance criteria. As the resource matures in understanding the breadth and depth of product functionality and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) compliance, the resource should be able to bring in critical thinking to ask the “what if” questions to strengthen the tests.
- The role evaluates continuous improvement by looking at repetitive tests and works with the team to get them automated.
- This role understands customer use cases and usage models in production to begin incorporating the right tests in the release pipeline.
- This role begins to understand the dependency models and make informed decisions to test intelligently.
- This role drives WCAG compliance by guiding and training team members in WCAG.
- Support other resources within the team, as seen fit, based on skillset
- Continuously learn the system by being hands-on and testing the product
- Use critical thought to help identify gaps or defects
- Identify and investigate issues found, including WCAG compliance issues during testing, and update test cases based on discovered defects.
- Identify and investigate issues found during testing, and update test cases based on discovered defects.
- Work closely with software developers and software quality analysts to resolve issues.
- Work closely with software developers and SDETs to automate repetitive manual testing.
- Participate in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture, and detailed design sessions.
- Provide support to customers by actively participating in community boards and proactively answering questions
- Provide support to product teams by becoming subject matter experts (SME) in the areas where the resource is the primary responsible individual (DRI)
- Help find good defects (not just the low-hanging ones), and resolve them with the right acceptance criteria, test cases, and data by shifting left.
- Influence the right level of automation so that repeated, repetitive patterns are avoided.
- Keep test cases relevant and current by deprecating old test cases and revising manual test cases against E2E scenarios
- Develop and plan all testing activities related to deliveries within the product scrum team
- Continuously refine tests to adapt to customer personas and usage from production
- Drive WCAG compliance including training team members in WCAG
- Understand the technical architecture and implementation of the product and work closely with the team to build dependency matrix and intelligent tests
- Reduce production support tickets to expand depths of tests
- Expand data conditions used in current tests
- Gather relevant logs and troubleshoot errors before turning over defect to developers
- Actively participate in customer community boards and discussion forums
- Involve in a deep dive, root cause analysis, retrospectives to strengthen the delivery of the product scrum team
- Test the product features being built with attention to detail to provide a quality deliverable that meets users' expectations, including testing, such as end-to-end use-case, migration, exploratory, necessary regression, security, and accessibility.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical or business field
- Clear understanding of the fundamental principles of computer science and technology
- 4+ years of experience working in and testing software applications
- 3+ years of experience in WCAG testing with assistive technologies JAWS, NVDA VoiceOver and Talkback, other software tools such as axe, WAVE
- In-depth knowledge of accessibility standards and guidelines, such as WCAG 2.1. WCAF 2.2
- 3+ years of experience in any of the defect tracking tools like JIRA and test tracking tools like Qtest , ALM, Qmetry
- 2+ years of analysis of support issues and its impact on test standards and methodologies
- 2+ years of experience working in an Agile development lifecycle
- Technical proficiency in understanding data characteristics and ability to write good SQL queries.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative, and solve problems independently.
- Passion for high-quality work and attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build dashboards in JIRA and Kibana to drive visibility.
- Is very familiar with the technology components used within OneTrust stack, like Azure cloud services, java microservices, ingesting and understanding logs using ELK
- DevOps experience can influence the right levels of automation
- Knowledge of Cloud-native applications, Microservice architecture, and Data Mining
- Experience in Mobile (Android/iOS) and CTV (Tizen/Roku/WebOS/Orbis/Hyper-V/AndroidTV/AppleTV)
- Clearly demonstrates critical thinking while simultaneously solving customer use cases
- Has been involved in customer support and clearly understands the influence of data and test patterns
- Clear mindset on Shift-left principles
- Certified Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS) or any accessibility certification
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, remote or hybrid workplace flexibility, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.