Senior Principal UX Designer
Strength in Trust
OneTrust is the trust intelligence cloud platform organizations use to transform trust from an abstract concept into a measurable competitive advantage. Organizations globally use OneTrust to enable the responsible use of data while protecting the privacy rights of individuals, implement and report on their cyber security program, make their social impact goals a reality, and create a speak up culture of trust. Over 14,000 customers use OneTrust's technology, including half of the Global 2,000. OneTrust currently ranks #24 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list of top private cloud companies in the world and employs over 2,000 people in regions across North America, South America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
As a Senior Principal UX Designer, you will lead and shape complex projects while ensuring consistency, quality, and efficiency in our product design processes. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver lovable user experiences and mentor those around you.
- Inform the product roadmaps, shape project goals, and help define user outcomes aligning with a greater UX vision.
- Deliver solutions that have a broader impact outside your current product area.
- Look for opportunities in and outside of the product to help customers.
- Ensure your cross-functional team delivers a consistent, thoughtful, and thorough user experience with all the work they release.
- Recruit and interview candidates.
- Help assess the team's health.
- Continually mentor your design team to discuss, collaborate, and define patterns and research practices.
- Continually contribute to research and analytics best practices and processes.
- Actively mentor individuals internally and externally to your team to create lovable products.
- Demonstrate a sense of ownership and accountability for the team's work and outcomes.
- Craft thoughtful UX writing to support your design solutions.
- Plan for product area improvements to help our customers accomplish their goals as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Meet with customers weekly to know and represent them in the SDLC process.
- Conduct independent research to understand customer needs and de-risk assumptions.
- Define your problem space through continuous discovery and exploration, crafting a deep understanding of customer and business needs in your domain.
- Create Eng-ready design deliverables using a component library or existing content so sprint counterparts can execute features every three weeks.
- Oversee sprint deliverables so that the intended customer's experience is protected.
- Advocate and evangelize UX processes across stakeholder touchpoints.
- Be the primary advocate for the user across the entire product experience helping others understand the customer's voice.
- Report on product area findings and recommendations to your cross-functional and design teams.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in UX/UI design, with at least 3 years of experience creating B2B products.
- You have a learning mindset. You are intellectually curious with a desire to learn and grow.
- You have mastered qualitative and quantitative collection activities and enjoy sharing your knowledge with other designers.
- You are passionate about re-imagining an existing product but have also mastered strategic partnership.
- You have experience with content strategy and platform design
- You can energize those around you to take calculated risks that help customers.
- You lead by example.
- You can share a proven aptitude for UX design and strategy.
- You are willing to work in collaborative teams to solve problems.
- You're a clear, concise, and persuasive communicator.
- You have experience building SaaS products.
- You have a high degree of visual polish in your UI design and an understanding of communicating detailed interactions with engineers.
- Have a learning mindset. You are intellectually curious with a desire to learn and grow your communities continuously.
- You have experience working in an agile software development environment.
- You are loyal to customers and your craft, needing to be involved in customer product decisions from concept to completion.
- You are driven by understanding user behavior and have experience designing complex experiences.
- You have exacting standards and constantly upgrade your understanding of design thinking and UX best practices.
- You have experience working within WCAG 2.1 AA standards.
- You are passionate about solving problems, innovation, and removing friction from users' experiences.
- You are resilient. You can manage multiple input points, meet varying deadlines, be realistic about project releases, and know where to put your efforts.
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, remote or hybrid workplace flexibility, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.