Senior Social Media Specialist
Strength in Trust
OneTrust is the trust intelligence cloud platform organizations use to transform trust from an abstract concept into a measurable competitive advantage. Organizations globally use OneTrust to enable the responsible use of data while protecting the privacy rights of individuals, implement and report on their cyber security program, make their social impact goals a reality, and create a speak up culture of trust. Over 14,000 customers use OneTrust's technology, including half of the Global 2,000. OneTrust currently ranks #24 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list of top private cloud companies in the world and employs over 2,000 people in regions across North America, South America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
We are looking for a Senior Social Media Specialist to join the OneTrust Content Marketing team. This role will have a significant impact on community building and customer advocacy, maintaining and deepening our relationships with our customers. You will be responsible for our LinkedIn product pages and the DataGuidance project. Monitoring, moderating, and managing conversations will be among your main tasks.
- Build our Community program, fostering conversations and moderating them.
- Leverage customer advocacy content to generate appropriate social media posts.
- Day-to-day management and growth contribution of social media communities, including, but not limited to, LinkedIn, Facebook, X, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Create, schedule, and post suitable content for maximum impact on our social media profiles.
- Grow the size of our Cloud LinkedIn communities through smart content strategies.
- Respond, interact, and foster conversations among users on our platforms to enhance the overall customer experience on social.
- Provide social media presence at events when needed.
- Monitor social listening and extract insights from it to detect brand opportunities and prevent crises.
- Track and evaluate the results of our social media.
- Benchmark the industry to identify trends and gaps that may contribute to social media strategy.
- Help educate and train employees across the organization on how to create social media content.
- Stay updated on all social media innovations and trends.
- You’re passionate about social media, know the particularities of each platform, and how to adapt messages to them.
- You can create engaging content while aligning to brand identity, tone, and platform message.
- You have a creative eye for both writing and imagery. You can provide appropriate feedback and collaborate with design teams.
- You know how video works on social media. You have experience managing YouTube and working with video teams.
- You’re familiar with social media content management platforms (e.g. Hootsuite), analytics (e.g. UTMs, Adobe), project management tools (e.g. Monday.com), and Salesforce.
- You have excellent writing skills with high attention to detail.
- You’re able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks.
- You’re a team player who can manage shifting priorities and multiple deadlines while adhering to the process.
- A BA/BS in advertising, communications, marketing, journalism, or equivalent working experience.
- At least 5 years of social media experience.
- Demonstrable experience in community building.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Familiarity with Hootsuite, Live Social, or other social media planning tools and technology.
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, remote or hybrid workplace flexibility, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.