Senior Corporate Counsel
Strength in Trust
OneTrust is the trust intelligence cloud platform organizations use to transform trust from an abstract concept into a measurable competitive advantage. Organizations globally use OneTrust to enable the responsible use of data while protecting the privacy rights of individuals, implement and report on their cyber security program, make their social impact goals a reality, and create a speak up culture of trust. Over 14,000 customers use OneTrust's technology, including half of the Global 2,000. OneTrust currently ranks #24 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list of top private cloud companies in the world and employs over 2,000 people in regions across North America, South America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
Our goal at OneTrust is to bring the power of trust to companies all over the world. Using cuttingedge technology and a real-world approach to ethics, compliance, privacy, security, and third-party risk, we’ve created a no-nonsense platform to help supercharge the global push for trust
Due to increased customer demand for the OneTrust Intelligence Platform, we’re looking to hire a senior corporate counsel to provide transactional support on commercial contracts. The successful candidate will be part of the Commercial & Product Support team.
- Negotiate complex SaaS agreements with customers in highly regulated industries through to execution.
- Handle ad-hoc legal requests for support from the sales function
- Understand key IP, commercial, and finance requirements
- Keep up-to-date on applicable laws, regulations, and industry guidance
- Drive compliance in day-to-day sales activities, including providing training
- Support updates to legal team templates & precedents
- Assist with wider company projects assigned to the Commercial & Product Support team
- An excellent communicator and negotiator
- An excellent project manager and able to take ownership of stakeholders and solutions
- Able to work independently, multi-task and prioritize your workload
- Able to quickly shift priorities to meet deadlines
- Able to effectively communicate, both verbal and written, with all levels of the organization
- Meticulous and pride yourself with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adaptable to change and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organize
Your Experience Includes
- JD from an accredited U.S. law school required
- Member of a State Bar in good standing Proprietary
- 4+ years of transactional legal experience on complex customer contracts
- Privacy, GRC, Ethics & Compliance or ESG experience
- Experience with a SaaS or other technology company.
- Ironclad experience
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, remote or hybrid workplace flexibility, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.