Manager, Claims Optimization
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Manager, Claims Optimization to join our Claims Design team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The Manager, Claims Optimization leads a team tasked with tactical and strategic initiatives with the goal of improving overall claim outcomes across a series of key performance metrics. The Manager plays a critical role in the overall claims improvement apparatus by providing leadership, structure and organization, enabling the team to succeed.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Claims Design.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
This is a hybrid role in our New York City office. You will work part of the time in the office and part of the time remote / work-from-home. #LI-Hybrid
The base pay for this role is: $103,200 - $135,450 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar’s unlimited vacation program and annual performance bonuses.
- Be the subject matter expert for Claims operations through knowledge and expertise of Oscar’s claim platform, claim regulatory requirements and operational workflows, and subrogation.
- Manage a complex portfolio of initiatives and deliverables and proactively identify areas of opportunity to improve key performance indicators
- Develop team workflows and guidelines that produce consistent and measurable outcomes; train, teach and mentor team members to become more proficient and effective.
- Improve Post Payment recovery processes, and engage with Post Payment vendors.
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of commensurate experience
- 4+ years experience in operations, healthcare, data analytics, engineering and/or consulting
- 4+ years of experience analyzing data to solve complex business problems
- 2+ years of experience leading and developing a team
- 2+ years experience designing, implementing and improving business workflows
- Process Improvement or Lean Six Sigma training, certification
- Experience developing project plans in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with healthcare claims processing
- Experience managing in a healthcare claims organization
- Experience with SQL and basic SQL abilities
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.