Actuarial Analyst II
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Actuarial Analyst II to join our Actuarial team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The Analyst, Actuarial supports Oscar’s forecasting, strategy, and pricing processes for a number of ACA markets. You will be a critical partner to the Contract and Network Performance team for consultation of network contracting terms and strategy, optimization, and negotiation. This role owns the analytical modeling and monitoring of Oscar’s value-based care products across the nationwide book of business, plays a key role in the development of both the VBC strategy and HMO strategy, and is accountable to the budget planning of how the longer term network strategy impacts the financial outlook of the company.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Actuarial.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
The base pay for this role is: $72,800 - $95,500 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar's unlimited vacation program and annual performance bonuses.
- Maintain and enhance core pricing and plan design models. Ensure consistency and standardization across team users.
- Key contributor in developing and submitting regulatory filings, as well as developing a viewpoint and recommendation for strategic pricing decisions.
- Identify the underpinnings that drive financial performance within the value-based arrangement structure, and leverage these in management/strategy frameworks.
- Provide an actuarial viewpoint across cross-functional teams for Oscar’s ACA-compliant Individual and Small Group markets as we rapidly grow in existing and new markets.
- Promote and shape Oscar actuarial best practices with respect to automation and documentation.
- Maintain strong relationships, rapport, and lines of communication with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Aid in the onboarding of analysts by collaborating and integrating them into existing processes.
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field.
- Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (SOA), or on the track to become one.
- 1+ years of quantitative analysis experience.
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with health insurance concepts and nuances.
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.