Business Development Team Lead
Outschool has been named Fast Company’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from Elpha. Outschool has also been one of BuiltIn’s Best Remote Places to Work for the last two years and has appeared on Y Combinator’s Top Companies list for the last three years.
Are you passionate about transforming the educational landscape for students and families across the nation? Do you have a proven track record of developing strategic partnerships, expanding business opportunities, and leading go-to-market efforts? We seek a Business Development lead to expand access to Outschool by adding new Educational Savings Accounts (ESAs) and microgrants to our portfolio. Your primary responsibilities will include establishing relationships with vendors and state-level program leads to open up new ESA and microgrant markets to Outschool. You will lead the go-to-market (GTM) efforts in new states, working collaboratively with cross-functional teams in Product, Marketing, Finance, and Customer Experience (CX) to ensure that Outschool is strategically positioned to support families with ESA funding. Additionally, you will work to establish Outschool as a thought leader in the ESA space.
- Define and drive strategy to add new ESAs and microgrants to the Outschool portfolio.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with vendors and state-level programs to create partnerships that enable Outschool to tap into new ESA and microgrant markets.
- Lead go-to-market in new states, work cross functionally with Product, Marketing, Finance and CX to ensure OS is positioned to support families with ESA funding.
- Establish OS as thought leader in the ESA space and shape Outschool’s broader approach to alternative education.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Proven track record in business development or partnerships, with a focus on education and or government programs.
- Demonstrated ability to drive growth in a start-up environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Strategic and data-driven leader with the ability to execute on opportunities.
- Passion for improving educational opportunities for students and families.
- Understanding or interest in of education savings accounts (ESAs) and microgrants or demonstrated ability to learn new business areas quickly
- Consulting experience or MBA
Outschool recruits across the US and Canada, and sets employee salaries to reflect local compensation and cost of living. For New York and California candidates, as well as candidates based in Seattle, WA the salary range for this role would be $155,000-$235,000 USD.
For Washington candidates outside of Seattle, as well as Colorado candidates, the salary range for this role would be $139,500-$211,500 USD.