Head of Data & Analytics
Outschool has been named Fast Company’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from Elpha. Outschool has also been one of BuiltIn’s Best Remote Places to Work for the last two years and has appeared on Y Combinator’s Top Companies list for the last three years.
About the Role:
As the Head of Data and Analytics at Outschool, you will steer our insights-driven vision and strategy, transforming how we leverage data across the marketplace to make informed decisions that create value for our users. This role offers the opportunity to lead and evolve a talented team of Data Scientists, Engineers and Analysts, directly impacting our strategy and business trajectory. You'll be instrumental in fostering a culture of data excellence, innovating in analytics, and ensuring compliance with data standards and policies. You’ll join our leadership team reporting into our Head of Finance (CFO) while partnering closely with Product and the whole leadership team to help Outschool achieve our mission to inspire kids to love learning.
- Deliver high-quality, actionable insights to inform and enhance business strategies within the first 6 months
- Develop and champion a company-wide data and analytics strategy, ensuring continued compliance with all data policies and standards within 12 months
- Establish and maintain robust data asset management, ensuring data accessibility and utility across the company within 24 months
- Build, mentor, and retain a diverse and talented team, optimizing for performance and innovation
- Oversee key data & analytics initiatives including but not limited Marketing Analytics, Data Privacy, Supply/Demand Metrics plus tools & systems
- Lead the productionalization of DS/ML models in critical business areas
- Direct the development and rollout of a DBT model to support robust insights
- Champion the use of Looker and SQL across the organization, ensuring effective utilization post-rollout
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- A demonstrated track record driving strategic decisions leveraging sound business acumen & judgment
- Strong leadership skills with a track record of team building and influencing cross functionally
- Expertise in managing enterprise data architecture and analytics engineering tools (e.g., DBT)
- Proficiency in data visualization tools (e.g., Looker) and programming languages (SQL, Python, R)
- In-depth understanding of data-related legal and regulatory requirements (GDPR, LGPD, CCPA, PIPA, PIPEDA)
- A strong understanding of and experience developing production ready data science & machine learning models
- You’re comfortable working with a high degree of ownership and autonomy in your work
- Advanced skills in statistical analysis and e-commerce/marketplace-specific data concepts
- Experience in an online marketplace, consumer products, and varied stages of company growth (startups to public companies)
Outschool recruits across the US and Canada, and sets employee salaries to reflect local compensation and cost of living. For New York and California candidates, as well as candidates based in Seattle, WA the salary range for this role would be $225,000-$325,000 USD.
For Washington candidates outside of Seattle, as well as Colorado candidates, the salary range for this role would be $202,500-$292,500 USD.