Senior Solutions Engineer
As a Senior Solutions Engineer at Panther Labs, you will serve as the trusted technical advisor to our prospects and customers. You will work closely with customers to understand their business requirements and goals and demonstrate how they can be achieved with Panther.
Solutions Engineers drive and manage the technology evaluation and validation stages of the sales process and provide technical guidance and support to customers throughout the customer lifecycle. By applying solution selling skills and offering architecture best practices for topics ranging from building robust logging pipelines to creating and managing detection-as-code, Solutions Engineers support and enable successful adoption of Panther and help shape the ongoing implementation strategy for high-scale customer deployments. At Panther, you’ll be working with a fast-growing team to shape our go-to-market strategy, build internal processes, and bring to life the company’s mission of helping organizations detect and respond to breaches at a cloud scale.
Panther is a cybersecurity company with the mission of detecting any breach, anywhere. The company was founded by security practitioners that lived through the difficulty of trying to protect large organizations and wanting to build a solution that many teams could use. Panther solves modern security problems with detection-as-code, a cloud-native architecture, and a robust security data lake. Panther’s platform, used by many industry innovators, enables security teams to focus on security, detect attacks, and protect their organizations without the prohibitive overhead or excessive operational costs.
Backed by Coatue Management, Lightspeed Venture Partners, S28 Capital, Snowflake Ventures, ICONIQ Growth, and Innovation Endeavors, Panther has raised $140M and is driving innovation disrupting the cyber security space. Panther's customers include industry-leading technology companies such as Figma, Gusto, Coinbase, and Dropbox, most of them being mid-large enterprises and they are very much modern technology cloud-forward companies. The company was featured for a second year in a row on EnterpriseTech30's startup list, most as recently as #6 on the list of mid-stage, emerging technology companies!
Panther is a remote-first company with a culture of flexibility, written documentation, open company communication, and collaboration. Our values guide our every move: Be an Owner, Move Fast, and Take Care of the Team. We believe that by building a diverse group of remote individuals, we can push forward our mission and create a rewarding, inclusive, and fun work environment for our entire team.
- Engage with customers in a technical consultancy and advisory role throughout the full customer lifecycle, including pre-sales, onboarding, technical support, and business reviews
- Drive technical evaluations and POVs to success
- In partnership with our sales and customer success teams, formulate and execute strategies to exceed our company’s revenue targets
- Build deep relationships with customers to enable them to be Panther champions
- Serve as the customer advocate to other Panther teams, including Product, Sales, and Marketing
- Continuously improve your professional skills and knowledge with a focus on security engineering and detection and response
- In partnership with our support team, work with customers to solve technical issues of broad scope and high complexity
- Technical presentation and communication skills
- Experience in a technical pre-sales role or as a security practitioner
- Knowledge of data pipelines, security logging and frameworks
- Experience with cloud computing and related technologies and practices
- Experience using Python and SQL to deliver enterprise-grade solutions
- Pacific Time work hours preferred
- Strong desire to collaborate closely with peers to solve complex problems
- Bonus if you’ve worked in a fast-growth startup!
- Unlimited PTO policy, with a minimum requirement of 15 days off per year, observing major US holidays, as well as an end of the year break
- Latest tech equipment & budget for your customized tech needs
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k program
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences (remote or in-person, and in conjunction with our in-person health and safety policy)
- Annual company off-sites in awesome locations (in conjunction with our in-person health and safety policy)
Cash compensation range: 220,000 OTE (75/25 pay split) USD Annually
The cash compensation above includes base salary and on-target commission for employees in eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all full-time Pantherinos are eligible to participate in our equity plan to receive Incentive Stock Options (ISO). Individual compensation packages are based on a few factors unique to each candidate, including their location, experience, and expertise, and may vary from the above-mentioned range
Panther labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of: race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.