Enterprise Account Executive (San Francisco)
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
A livable future depends on climate solutions — and those solutions need funding to scale. There is a financial mechanism powerful enough to help drive climate solutions to gigatonne-scale and beyond: carbon credits.
Patch is the platform accelerating climate solutions with integrity. Patch technology enables organizations to manage, sell, and buy carbon credits with efficiency, transparency, and rigor. Through Patch, companies gain access to the broadest network of high-integrity carbon credits. Carbon credit suppliers use Patch to enhance operational efficiency and precision, and modernize their buyer experiences. That allows companies to achieve their climate goals, project developers scale their solutions, and ultimately helps rebalance the planet.
About the position
In this role, you will take charge of expanding our customer base, building relationships, and leading the sales process end-to-end. You'll apply your creative problem-solving talents to structure, price, and negotiate deals to a successful conclusion, harnessing your network to make a positive impact on the planet.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the full-cycle sales process from prospecting and lead generation to deal closing.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of qualified opportunities
- Facilitate extensive discovery with customers to uncover needs, possibilities, and pain points.
- Build and refine Patch's value proposition, and effectively pitch our solution to decision-makers at target organizations.
- Build lasting relationships with key stakeholders as a trusted advisor with climate knowledge.
- Collaborate with product and engineering on what your customers need
- Create and nurture relationships, demonstrating the value of Patch’s products while drawing feedback to inform the company’s roadmap.
Who You Are:
- You have significant years of experience leading complex sales cycles from start to finish in a B2B sales environment, preferably in a startup.
- You have a results-driven approach to sales, with a focus on aggressive prospecting and lead generation.
- You are a creative problem solver who is comfortable with change
- You are able to work cross-functionally at Patch to drive results for your book of customers (sales, marketing, product, engineering)
- You have direct experience working in carbon or commodities markets or you have an interest in learning more about it
- You are interested in staying in sales for the long run and rolling up your sleeves
- You are willing and able to work out of San Francisco, and occasionally come into the office.
- Work with passionate activists and experts to rebalance the planet
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health
- Time-off as-needed vacation policy
- Generous parental leave policy
- The salary for this role if filled within the United States has a total on-target earnings (including base salary and commission) of around $250,000- $300,000 and varies based on factors like level of experience, deal sizes, location and market rates. Full-time employees will also be eligible for equity and insurance.
- If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
- Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Commitment to Diversity:
Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.