Market Development Representative - French Speaking (London)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Patch is the platform scaling unified climate action, empowering companies of any size to help rebalance the planet while advancing their business initiatives. We provide pathways to do so through the purchase of vetted carbon credits, via one-time direct purchases, recurring multi-year offtake agreements, or an API that can connect any product experience to climate action.
Only Patch democratizes access to the broadest selection of carbon credits across a wide range of technology types, methodologies and price points. By combining enterprise-grade technology with impartial project scrutiny and transparency across each stage of the credit purchase, brands as wide-ranging as Bain & Company, Route, and Afterpay trust Patch to help them take meaningful climate action while engaging their customers. In turn, project developers driving positive climate action are able to rapidly scale their solutions at the critical pace the planet requires.
We're an experienced team of successful startup veterans building a category-defining business working on one of the most important missions the world needs. We're backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Energize, and more. We are founded by the same team who helped take hospitality tech company, Sonder, from 0 to $2 billion.
We're looking for a market development representative to generate new business opportunities for Patch. Sitting on the GTM team, you will be the first point of contact between Patch and our customers, helping them kick start their journey into the carbon markets. Please note this role is on the sales team and also has been referred to as "Business Development Representative".
What You’ll Do:
- Help generate new business opportunities at Patch to help our customers achieve their sustainability goals
- Work closely with the GTM Leads and Account Executives to identify relevant prospects to target and outreach
- Build a prospecting strategy to drive new leads and pipeline for our Account Executives (i.e. campaign content, follow-up sequence, objection handling).
- Conduct market research to uncover needs within each industry vertical or business segment.
- Be the first point of contact for Patch customers, representing customers' needs to the greater Patch GTM team.
- Launch high-impact campaigns to entice prospective clients to learn more about Patch
- Qualify inbound and outbound leads to uncover business objectives and needs.
- Help support our event and conference
- Facilitate a positive, customer-obsessed experience throughout all team and customer collaborations.
Who You Are:
- You are an exceptional oral and written communicator in English and French in a business capacity.
- You have previous B2B inbound or outbound experience ideally within a start-up, scale-up, or consulting environment (at minimum, 1 - 3 years)
- You are a strong writer and an excellent communicator
- You are passionate about the carbon markets and eager to contribute to Patch’s carbon removal mission
- You have knowledge or interest in learning about how sustainability leaders execute their climate commitments
- You have the ability to work independently, take initiative, and under pressure while juggling multiple projects and priorities
- You are currently willing and able to work out of the Greater London Area and occasionally come into the Patch office for team meetings and team-building events.
- What makes Patch exciting
- Work with the most talented team in climate tech
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health
- Time-off as needed vacation policy
- Generous parental leave policy
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Commitment to Diversity:
Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.