Enterprise Technical Account Manager
IT, Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Hybrid
The Technical Account Management function at Plaid is a team of individuals passionate about helping customers connect their technical goals and challenges with Plaid solutions. We play a crucial role in a customer's success by providing proactive strategic and technical guidance, which enables growth, expansion, and deeper customer relationships. Our goal is to ensure every customer becomes a lifelong Plaid champion and advocate.
You will be a highly visible technical and product expert in Plaid's offerings, working with some of Plaid’s largest and most strategic customers in the Enterprise segment. You will own many customer relationships simultaneously and stay up to date on Plaid's technological improvements and new product offerings. You will work in partnership with Account Manager(s) and several other cross-functional teams, and you will be the primary driver of the design and execution of technical strategies to help our customers achieve their goals.
What Excites You
- Working with Plaid’s most strategic customers in the Enterprise segment and collaborating as a technical expert on leveraging Plaid to accomplish their business + technical goals and objectives
- Owning the post-sales technical strategy and alignment with customers, ensuring our mutual roadmaps are understood and communicated
- Providing clear technical direction on all aspects of Plaids’ products
- Establishing and owning relationships with every level of technical stakeholder from Engineers to CPOs / CTOs
- Being an advocate for innovation and early adoption of Plaid solutions available to appropriate customers
- Serving as the escalation point for technical incidents and / or issues that have surfaced beyond the normal Plaid support channels
What Excites Us
- 5+ years of experience in a client-facing and / or technology-focused role where business experience and technical acumen was combined. Experience working with enterprise customers is strongly preferred
- Experience managing customer relationships independently and building / executing technical strategies to make customers successful with new technologies
- Excellent project management and communication skills with a strong ability to provide technical details to both technical and non-technical audiences, simplifying complexities in a concise / clear manner
- Have a deep / thorough understanding of API’s, databases, system infrastructures, and architecture
- Self-starter who takes initiative and possesses strong troubleshooting skills to guide customers through complex or escalated issues
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with different teams, levels of seniority, and influence structure / process to ensure everyone can meet their goals and timelines
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and navigate unexpected roadblocks with a customer-first attitude and a strong sense of empathy
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
See more open positions at Plaid
Something looks off?