Sales Development Intern
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
Our sales team at Plaid combines deep product and industry knowledge and is focused on bringing Plaid to an ever-broadening set of businesses. Our thesis is that every company in financial services can benefit from better financial technology, and that many industries that don't currently consider themselves to be FinTech actually are.
You'll be the one helping us achieve this vision. As a Sales Development Intern, you'll learn how to interact with our top prospective customers and understand how to effectively communicate on behalf of Plaid to companies ranging from start-ups to large enterprises. You'll shadow the full sales cycle and understand how the various teams at Plaid contribute to a positive customer sales experience.
What You'll Do
- Learn about the sales funnel from inbound lead and outbound campaigns through to deal closure and contract negotiation
- Identifying key decision makers within prospective accounts to map out organizational structure and Plaid integration opportunities
- Write email communication for corresponding marketing campaigns to generate new sales prospects
- Participate in simulations of customer qualifying calls. Simulations will prepare you to lead calls with executive-level prospects
What Excites Us
- Demonstrated interest working with customers and explaining technical processes.
- Interest in client facing career, the financial services industry, and a high degree of intellectual curiosity.
- Excitement to work in a high-growth environment and to help build processes and tools as needed.
- Desire to get (more) technical and the ability to learn the ins and outs of Plaid's APIs
- Graduating in December 2024 or Spring 2025
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.