Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
The Corporate Development team works closely with senior leaders across Plaid to help accelerate the company’s mission through M&A and investments, corporate strategy projects, and companywide strategic initiatives. This small and mighty team is responsible for sourcing, negotiating, structuring, and executing impactful acquisitions and investments, as well as shaping the company’s strategy by identifying industry trends, overseeing corporate initiatives and maintaining relationships with startups, VCs and bankers throughout the fintech community.
This is a unique opportunity to be a core member of a high-impact team situated at the nexus of product, engineering, and the broader strategic efforts at Plaid. If you’re passionate about creating financial access and enthusiastic about leading M&A deals and other projects end-to-end, we’d love to talk to you!
- Work closely with the executive team and Product/GTM leadership to develop strategies and identify acquisition opportunities that accelerate Plaid’s mission.
- Serve as a core member of one or more Plaid businesses/product lines and partner closely with leads to identify ways to accelerate Plaid’s product portfolio through strategy development, market discovery, competitive intelligence, target sourcing/development, and M&A.
- Lead the end-to-end deal M&A process from strategy development and business case modeling to deal negotiation and due diligence to cross-functional integration.
- Lead end-to-end corporate strategy projects and strategic initiatives. Recent examples include: annual planning/company-wide goal setting, support on Plaid’s three-year strategy, capital markets/fundraising, 0-to-1 new product initiatives, and more.
- Develop strong relationships with Plaid executives, advisors, entrepreneurs and investors across the fintech ecosystem.
- 8-10+ years of relevant work experience in corporate development, strategy consulting, venture capital, private equity, or investment banking; including 4+ years of experience in M&A/dealmaking and/or in Manager/Principal-level strategy consulting
- Prior experience in strategy consulting at a top tier consulting firm
- Relevant experience leading M&A deals from end-to-end
- Prior experience working closely with product and engineering functions
- Experience at a leading technology company or fintech startup
- Self-motivation and an eagerness to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to drive projects cross-functionally
- Product background
- MBA and/or CS degree
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.