Experienced Software Engineer - Backend (Trust Platform)
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
The Trust Platform team is dedicated to creating and maintaining a secure and trustworthy environment for Plaid’s consumers, customers, and the broader ecosystem. The Privacy Governance team is one of three pods within this team, and we’re focused on building and scaling world-class privacy systems and data ethics practices at Plaid to increase trust across the digital financial services ecosystem.
You will help define the technical strategy and future direction for Privacy Governance at Plaid. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to align Plaid’s privacy governance practices with both business objectives and regulatory requirements. You will navigate organizational and technical complexity to devise innovative solutions and execute on the team’s most challenging problems. You will scale your impact across the team, both through technical leadership and mentorship of other junior and senior engineers
- Helping achieve our mission to create and maintain a secure and trustworthy environment for Plaid’s consumers, customers, and the broader ecosystem.
- Building highly scalable and robust systems to abstract away privacy and legal complexity from product engineers.
- Maturing Privacy at Plaid to scale across the growing engineering organization, accounting for Plaid’s growing suite of products and the dynamic regulatory environment.
- Helping position Plaid as an industry leader in Privacy and Data Governance best practices.
- Mentoring engineers and working closely with the EM to nurture team health.
- 8+ years of experience of extensive experience in software engineering with a proven track record of shipping successful projects.
- Extensive experience building and maintaining large scale distributed systems.
- Past experience in a technical lead position.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to mentor and guide junior engineers.
- Excellent coding, testing and system design skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- (Preferred) Strong knowledge of privacy governance frameworks and concepts including data quality, data accuracy, data lineage, data deletion and data retention.
- (Preferred) Prior experience working in Platform teams.
- (Preferred) Prior experience working on Privacy and/or Data Governance.
- (Preferred) Prior experience working with lawyers, privacy program managers, product counsel, etc.
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.