Staff Data Analyst
Pleo is the spending solution for forward-thinking teams 💪 We empower employees of thousands of companies through smart virtual and physical cards and a modern expense management app 🙏
Cash is old school. We want every employee to feel valued and trusted when spending company money. After all, if you're trusted enough to be hired, you should be trusted enough to spend money responsibly!
But let us introduce you to the team and domain this role will be part of 🥁
App Marketplace Team: The mission of the team is to empower external partners and Pleo teams to jointly solve customer problems through product and service integrations. We want to make Pleo the go-to spending solution for mid-market companies, by creating a vast ecosystem of product and service integrations.
The Partnerships Domain: We ensure the seamless availability of Pleo across the business ecosystem, through the creation of high-impact distribution partnerships and powerful product integrations. Our vision is to make Pleo available. Everywhere. The Ecosystem team is a critical piece to deliver on our vision and mission.
At Pleo, data matters 📈
- We are a community of 40+ talented data & analytics professionals working from more than 10 different locations worldwide with backgrounds in data analytics, analytics engineering, data engineering, and data science.
- We use modern data & analytics tools and solutions including Looker, BigQuery, dbt, Airflow, Fivetran, Segment, Amplitude & Kafka.
- We are united by a shared vision to stop the guessing game and unlock growth for Pleo.
- We deeply care about data culture, strategy, and empowerment of our stakeholders.
- We deal with a wide variety of data and insights spanning the entire business, from the detailed inner workings of the Pleo platform to web & app metrics, CRM details, financial and banking records, human resource information, and everything else needed to fuel Pleo’s strategy in a data-inspired manner.
What great looks like ⭐️
- Assist the App Marketplace Team in achieving their team objectives by applying your expertise in analytics and a data-centric approach.
- Build & continuously improve commercial and product business intelligence providing actionable insight, predictive analytics & forecasting modeling.
- Enable the team to derive descriptive and diagnostic insights autonomously.
- Strong stakeholder engagement across Partnerships, Engineering, Product, and Revenue Operations teams and domains.
- Design analytics data models and tables, which will act as the single source of truth for KPIs and analysis for the App Marketplace team.
- Be an active member of the competence group (share knowledge and context, give feedback on and participate in the competence group’s activities/initiatives).
Your Responsibilities 📋
- Analyse the marketplace performance and impact of integrations against business goals & objectives, and identify areas of opportunity the team can examine to improve integrations and optimize effectiveness on Marketplaces.
- Develop analysis, insights, and dashboards for users across the App Marketplace team that cover commercial and product use cases and unlock value for senior leadership and business teams.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, etc. to identify and define data analysis requirements.
- Identify, scope, build, maintain, and continuously improve the analytics needed to run them on a day-to-day basis using internal BI tools, such as Metabase & Looker and other data streams.
- Communicate results, learnings, and process changes to a wide audience of stakeholders, both technical and non-technical.
- Drive data literacy initiatives and empower the stakeholders to make data-informed decisions.
Your colleagues say you are 👇
- An experienced staff analyst, with excellent hands-on knowledge of SQL and strong know-how of translating business cases into analytics opportunities.
- Experienced with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, or similar.
- Experienced with data modeling or have prior experience working with tools such as DBT.
- Excellent with written and verbal communication, able to communicate with clarity and empathy on insights and recommendations to cross-functional stakeholders for decision-making.
- A strategic self-starter, curious and passionate about the possibilities and opportunities to solve business problems with data.
- Great at understanding the business and customers, and often bringing actionable insights to help further team objectives.
- Experienced in analyzing large amounts of complex data sources, clearly synthesizing key learnings, and providing actionable recommendations.
- Fluent in translating & communicating financial & business impact from the lens of both commercial and product analytics.
- Structured, and having an eye for details and quality is more important for you than speed
- Proactive and have a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Adaptable and open to finding new ways of problem-solving, and able to apply an analytical mindset to business and customer problems, autonomously breaking down complex questions into precise data questions.
Show me the benefits! 🥁
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Lunch is on us when you work from one of our offices, or Pleo it if you are fully remote 😎
- Flex benefits package of €2500 per year to spend on whatever you like; courses, tennis lessons.. whatever makes you happy!
- Flexible working remote options
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets)
- Location dependant: Private health coverage (Vitality in the UK, Alan in Spain)
- We have just signed with MyndUp- providing access to free mental health support for all our employees if they need it ❤️🩹
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Our mission is to help every company go beyond the books. Pleo itself means ‘more than you’d expect’, and it’s been the secret to our success over the last 8 years. So it’s only fitting that we’d pass this philosophy onto our customers to help them make the most of their finances.
We think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Finance teams shouldn’t be siloed from the rest of the organisation – they should work in unity with marketing, sales, IT and everyone else.
Speaking of working in unity, our values tell the story of how we work at Pleo. We have four core values, the first of which is ‘champion the customer’, which means we address real pain points that businesses face. Next up is ‘succeed as a team’, which highlights how our strength lies in our diversity and trust in each other. We also ‘make it happen’ by taking bold decisions and following through to deliver results. Last but not least, we ‘build to scale’, creating lasting solutions that address today’s challenges and anticipate tomorrow’s needs.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 850+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal and Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us, we'll help you set up the best remote setup possible and make sure you still have time to connect with your team.
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.