Growth through Happy Humans in High Performing Teams. That’s our mission here at Pleo.
In order to achieve that, we strive to give everyone the opportunity to work in an environment which is best suited to them; which will give them the opportunity to focus, thrive and perform in the best way possible. We recognise that this looks different for everyone - which is exactly why we foster a flexible working culture.
For some of our Pleo’ers, ideal working conditions are from the comfort of their own home, and for many of our Pleo’ers, being in an office is super important to their success.
With 800+ people spanning across our 6 main workplace locations, and multiple smaller hubs, the Workplace Team is responsible for ensuring that our offices are exciting and effective places for employees to work, socialize, collaborate and co-create.
We’re looking for someone to establish, develop and leverage Pleo’s current approach to Workplace on both a strategic and operational level, which will include everything from setting up an efficient facilities management process, ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations, managing our existing and new contracts, creating effective spaces and ergonomics, and ensuring that our famous Pleo culture and brand is instantly felt in any one of our physical office spaces.
You will own and drive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and ensure day to day execution and delivery of workplace related projects. You will do this together with a small and dedicated team working across different competences.
At Pleo we are forward-thinkers who believe in building a progressive workplace for the future and this role is at the core of driving this for our physical workspaces. If you’re just as passionate as we are about Workplace and how the Future of Work should look for Pleo, read on!
What you’ll get up to
- Manage our existing workplace contracts, as well as challenge and optimise them, ensuring day to day execution and delivery of projects, i.e. owning the communication with local brokers, project managers, landlords, construction companies etc. across multiple countries
- End-to-end handling the project and process for setting up a new office in a new location and/or in a new market
- Create a work environment that is inclusive and productive, that portrays Pleo’s unique culture and ways of working, while considering and incorporating sustainability, brand identity and physical workspace ergonomics.
- Lead, align and improve workplace operations and day-to-day management of the offices (leased/serviced/shared/etc.) by defining, implementing and maintaining a consistent approach to facility management and ensuring consistent service levels across our offices in collaboration with our workplace managers
- Own relationship with internal stakeholders and ensure progress on desired project plan by driving working team, local Pleo office stakeholders and alignment and approval from our steering committee
- Drive and lead projects related to acquiring new offices and everything related to this from a finance, legal, IT, design and maintenance perspective while owning communications and coordination with all relevant external stakeholders and ensuring budget approval and sign off from internal stakeholders
- Make sure that the workplace area runs smoothly and seamlessly by setting up and ensuring that all relevant guidelines and necessary policies related to the workplace are in place or created while focusing on having best practices, fundamental service levels, efficiency and scalability within the workplace area.
We believe you'll thrive in this role if you
- Have expertise and experience in the workplace industry, property or facilities management
- Have experience with project management and leading a team and are dedicated to the development of others and setting a clear direction
- Like to ‘get your hands dirty’ and lead on operational priorities such as client or supplier negotiations
- Share our underlying belief or promise we make - Growth beyond the job core value to enable Pleo’ers to feel valued at work
- Experience with managing a budget of €5m+
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!)
- Lunch is on us - whether you are working remotely or at one of our offices 🍜
- Private Health Insurance to ensure you’re fit of body and mind to do your best work
- Flexible work - we trust you! We're looking for someone who is happy to be in the office most of the time but there's always flexibility within this
- 25 days of holiday per year + your local public holidays
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise your family due to work 👶
- €2500 annual Flex Benefits budget (maybe you want to buy additional holidays, pay for the gym, book a professional coach or pay part of your MBA - completely up to you!). We know everybody prioritises different benefits. So, our Flex Benefits package lets you choose what best suits you. Ask us about what we offer, we’ll be happy to outline more!
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Our mission is to help every company go beyond the books. Pleo itself means ‘more than you’d expect’, and it’s been the secret to our success over the last 8 years. So it’s only fitting that we’d pass this philosophy onto our customers to help them make the most of their finances.
We think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Finance teams shouldn’t be siloed from the rest of the organisation – they should work in unity with marketing, sales, IT and everyone else.
Speaking of working in unity, our values tell the story of how we work at Pleo. We have four core values, the first of which is ‘champion the customer’, which means we address real pain points that businesses face. Next up is ‘succeed as a team’, which highlights how our strength lies in our diversity and trust in each other. We also ‘make it happen’ by taking bold decisions and following through to deliver results. Last but not least, we ‘build to scale’, creating lasting solutions that address today’s challenges and anticipate tomorrow’s needs.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 850+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal and Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us, we'll help you set up the best remote setup possible and make sure you still have time to connect with your team.
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.