Senior Marketing Operations Manager
Pleo is Europe’s #1 spend management solution and we’re growing fast. We need someone to help us scale our marketing operations systems and processes that will fuel our growth.
How are we doing this? 💳
We're building a world-class Marketing Operations team that will deliver a great experience across the customer life-cycle. This function unlocks the true growth potential and improves customer lifetime value.
Marketing Operations is a relatively new function in Pleo and is part of the Revenue Operations domain with the primary objective to ensure marketing effectiveness and efficiency.
As the Senior Manager of Marketing Operations you will help us create this space and lead our efforts to unify our processes, platforms and operations across the range of technologies used to support the entire marketing & SDR function.
You’ll be a team lead reporting to our Head of Operations, and will have a pivotal role in impacting our brand awareness, demand generation and growth. You will optimise the current tech stack, onboard new tools, roll out new features and focus on improving our Marketing pipeline and performance in partnership with sales and marketing leadership .
This role can be in-office, remote or hybrid, as long as you are able to travel occasionally to our London office (likely once or twice per month)
What You’ll Be Doing 🤝
- Knowledge of the marketing technology stack, including systems architecture, integrations and APIs, data mapping, and data taxonomy–ensuring that data passes seamlessly across the MarTech stack in service of the comprehensive funnel.
- Create and deliver the marketing technology roadmap that supports business needs and objectives
- Ensure the successful deployment of new technologies and features through delivery of training and enablement programmes
- Evaluate and drive the implementation of new technologies, research emerging technologies, define a structured martech selection framework, lead the vendor selection process, and negotiate agreements.
- Drive data management and control over the capture, unification, and maintenance of marketing data–ensuring data integrity is maintained throughout our systems
- Own marketing database management strategy and governance –ensuring data collection and utilisation is secure and aligned with all regulations and our Data, Legal, and Operations policies
- Develop, implement, and optimise lead management processes and workflows to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Create strong bonds and ensure full alignment with product, marketing, data & analytics teams and other key stakeholders across the business to proactively manage dependencies from the CRM to commercial reporting and other systems
- Own and ensure the validity and integrity of critical commercial KPIs like MQLs, Deals, and Pipeline
- Ensure accurate demand source tracking and drive continuous improvements of Pleo’s measurement model
- Work with marketing, revenue operations and sales leaders to ensure effective processes are in place to actively monitor, analyse, measure and report on key marketing metrics including marketing contribution to pipeline and programme ROI
- Manage and develop the Marketing Operations team, providing guidance, coaching and career development support.
What we look for in you 🔎
- 10-15 years of marketing operations experience
- Experience of working in a B2B SaaS business, familiar with SaaS oriented metrics and KPIs
- Deep, hands-on knowledge and experience of marketing automation and CRM platforms. HubSpot is a plus
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of modern marketing, including understanding the latest technology that can support B2B marketing strategies
- Proven track record in rolling out new technology, including the creation of training and process change documentation
- Vendor management and project management skills are essential
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be influential, but able to work effectively in a project team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at one time
- Critical and strategic thinking skills, solution-oriented and flexible in your approach
- Experience in team management, capability building, and career progression
Show Me The Benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!)
- Lunch is on us - with catering in our Lisbon, Copenhagen and London offices or a monthly lunch allowance paid directly together with your salary in other markets 🍜
- Private health insurance to ensure you’re fit in body and mind to do your best work
- Flexible remote working policy
- 25 days of PTO + public holidays
- Option to purchase 5 additional days of holiday through a salary sacrifice
- Wellbeing days - fully paid days off designed for a slower pace, allowing you to take time to recharge and prioritise self-care
- We’re trialling MyndUp to give our employees access to free mental health and wellbeing support with great success so far ❤️🩹
- Access to LinkedIn Learning - acquire new skills, stay abreast of industry trends and fuel your personal and professional development continuously
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise your family due to work 👶
- All of us have a stake in Pleo’s success - ask us about our equity grant scheme
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Our mission is to help every company go beyond the books. Pleo itself means ‘more than you’d expect’, and it’s been the secret to our success over the last 8 years. So it’s only fitting that we’d pass this philosophy onto our customers to help them make the most of their finances.
We think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Finance teams shouldn’t be siloed from the rest of the organisation – they should work in unity with marketing, sales, IT and everyone else.
Speaking of working in unity, our values tell the story of how we work at Pleo. We have four core values, the first of which is ‘champion the customer’, which means we address real pain points that businesses face. Next up is ‘succeed as a team’, which highlights how our strength lies in our diversity and trust in each other. We also ‘make it happen’ by taking bold decisions and following through to deliver results. Last but not least, we ‘build to scale’, creating lasting solutions that address today’s challenges and anticipate tomorrow’s needs.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 850+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal and Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us, we'll help you set up the best remote setup possible and make sure you still have time to connect with your team.
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.