Strategic Sales Leader, Americas
Who Are We?
Postman is the world's leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API & streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 23 million developers & 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. After receiving Series D funding in 2021 & releasing our biggest & best version ever of Postman in September 2022, we continue to strive humbly towards our mission of 100 million connected developers & serving companies as they seek to innovate in an API-first world.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
About the Team
This is a unique opportunity to rapidly scale a high velocity sales team within our fast-growing Enterprise business. With nearly every major Fortune 1000 company in the world using Postman at some level, we are positioned to expand our Enterprise presence exponentially over the coming year. We are looking for a passionate, energetic, value-centric Enterprise Sales Leader to grow and develop a team of Strategic Account Executives to seamlessly navigate enterprise sales cycles and effectively close deals. The ideal candidate is a seasoned sales leader who has personally driven teams to achieve significant sales growth at technical Enterprise SaaS companies.
This role will report into Postman’s Head of Enterprise Sales, Americas.
What You’ll Do
- Scale, manage and mentor a team of Strategic Account Executives by fostering a culture of sales excellence through rigorous discovery, innovation, and integrity within our most strategic accounts
- Drive business growth for Postman through new license and expansion sales and ensure excellence across reporting, pipeline management and overall pre-sales customer satisfaction.
- Be an innovator in helping our team discover new ways to sell our product and drive new business initiatives.
- Help develop and execute an effective sales strategy designed to deliver on key business metrics.
- Prepare and present sales presentations to Executive and C-level prospective clients.
- Guide the team on how to educate customers on the value of Postman Enterprise and to navigate key decision makers in order to grow Postman Enterprise awareness within organizations
- Communicate regularly and effectively with Sales Operations, providing accurate and timely sales forecasts and maintain accurate records in all internal CRM and reporting tools.
- Communicate and organize/escalate issues appropriately including: billing, legal, security, on-boarding, and technical inquiries
- Collaborate and work with Solutions Engineering, Customer Success Managers, Leadership, etc. to build strategic adoption plans for customers in large accounts
- Provide recommendations based on customers’ business needs and usage patterns
- Listen closely and continuously work to educate and promote growth for direct reports.
- 5 years leading an Enterprise relevant sales motion preferably in a enterprise SaaS organization
- Experience selling developer and/or technical products a strong plus
- Strong experience with sales training such as MEDDIC, Sandler, Miller Heiman, etc
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Proven negotiation and closing skills, and demonstrated ability translating that knowledge to a sales team
- Strong track record of navigating within large enterprise and mid-market organizations
- Ability to develop senior level relationships quickly and effectively
- Experience presenting to senior managers and the C-suite
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities simultaneously at various stages of the buying process
- Takes an active interest in increasing customer satisfaction and deepening customer relationships
- Lots of smiles
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency and honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
This is a remote role will based in the Western United States and the reasonably estimated base salary for this role ranges from $140,000 to $200,000, plus variable compensation & a competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition to our pay-on-performance philosophy, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including full medical coverage, flexible PTO, wellness reimbursement, and a monthly lunch stipend. Salaries will vary outside of Boston, New York City and the U.S.
At Postman, diversity means we implement informed policies and practices to grow a company that reflects global experiences and identities while treating each person with fairness and dignity. Inclusion is the choice we make each day and with every interaction, to foster a workplace and world where people of all backgrounds not only belong but excel. We understand that together, we succeed better.
Postman is unapologetically committed to Equal Opportunity Employment. We proudly offer equal employment opportunities to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodations through the hiring process, please let us know early by emailing us: email@example.com. We want to give you every opportunity to show us the star that you are.