Enterprise Customer Success Manager
Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. The Postman API Platform’s features simplify each step of the API lifecycle so that individuals and enterprises can create better APIs—faster. More than 25 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. Together, we are building the API-first world.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly. We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
You'll partner with all other Postman teams - from sales & engineering, to product management, data science, & our executives - to ensure our customers achieve value from their usage of Postman. You will own the post-sales process, from initial customer on-boarding to full scale adoption, value realization, & eventually, public advocacy. Ultimately, our Enterprise Customer Success Managers are here to partner with our customers. You will help them accelerate their digital journey by consulting on new use cases, nurturing new champions, aligning with key customer stakeholders, and measuring business impact. The CSM role at Postman gives you the opportunity to have a huge impact in a customer-focused company & doing satisfying work. Come join us!
What You’ll Do
- Act as trusted advisors to consult, teach, and guide customers toward increased API lifecycle maturity.
- Demonstrate hands-on Postman Product knowledge to drive increased value and adoption of Postman.
- Consult customers on how Postman can solve their business and API-related needs.
- Produce & execute a comprehensive adoption path of Postman products, identifying success criteria & measuring business outcomes.
- Proactively identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business goals & develop plans to overcome them.
- Establish executive-level trusted advisor relationships with the customer’s Development, Engineering & Product organizations.
- Lead the cross functional post sales team at Postman, delivering a seamless experience on behalf of the customer.
- Prepare & facilitate business review meetings, training sessions, webinars, demos, & other strategic & supportive interactions.
- Predict & forecast risk, renewal & expansion within the customer portfolio.
- Strong technical background from a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, a related field, or relevant work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in customer success managing large enterprise customers, preferably for companies in the development tooling space.
- Strong consulting skills & proven results working as a trusted advisor to drive business value for customers.
- Comfortable engaging and working with all levels of technologists from individual developers, development teams, QA teams, architects, product managers, and engineering and product management leaders.
- Proficient in proactive networking & discovery, identifying & engaging with influential stakeholders to discover & influence requirements, use cases, & strategy.
- Ability to drive effective & influencing conversations at the C-level; facilitation of difficult discussions & adept at handling objections.
- Experience building Business value ROI models.
- Good understanding of API development, Devops principles & modern cloud infrastructure.
- Technical background & prior experience with developer focused SaaS applications/platforms (such as Atlassian, Microsoft or AWS) strongly preferred
- Fast learner. Excited to learn new technology & become a product expert.
- Great communication skills (presentation, verbal and written).
- Thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment as a part of a results-oriented team.
- Lots of smiles!
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency and honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
And we want you to be part of it all.
Postman has an informal and fun working team environment. We believe in a hybrid workplace that improves our shared knowledge, creates space for innovation, enhances team collaboration, and further strengthens our core values and culture. We offer a competitive salary and equity package, medical, dental, vision, and cool perks, and our offices include complimentary stocked drinks, snacks, and ergonomic workspaces to keep you comfortable and healthy. Our employees enjoy unlimited PTO because we believe everyone should take the time off needed to refresh, relax, and reflect. Our wellness program offers fitness-related reimbursements, a meal stipend, home office set-up reimbursement, internet reimbursement, book reimbursements for professional development, and a training platform for continued learning and education for personal growth. Also, our donation-matching program can support causes you care about. We’re creating a long-term company, and we want you to be part of it. Join us and become a Postmanaut.
This role can be based in Boston and the reasonably estimated salary for this role ranges from $116,000 to $157,500, or it can be based in NYC and the reasonably estimated salary for this role ranges from $129,000 to $174,600, plus a competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition to our pay-on-performance philosophy, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including full medical coverage, flexible PTO, wellness reimbursement, potential spot awards, and a monthly lunch stipend. Salaries will vary outside of the (name the hub) and the U.S.
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.
Postman will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records where directed under applicable law, such as pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.