Software Engineer II (Backend), Partner API
Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading API platform, used by more than 25 million developers and 500,000 organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500. Postman is helping developers and professionals across the globe build the API-first world by simplifying each step of the API lifecycle and streamlining collaboration—enabling users to create better APIs, faster.
The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has an office in Bangalore, where it was founded. Postman is privately held, with funding from Battery Ventures, BOND, Coatue, CRV, Insight Partners, and Nexus Venture Partners. Learn more at postman.com or connect with Postman on Twitter via @getpostman.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
About the Team:
New Product Incubation teams in Postman create, envision and launch new and innovative products to solve customer problems. These teams have a deep understanding of customers and iterate fast to validate key hypotheses. This team works on developing Postman’s Partner Workspaces into a product that is loved by millions of developers across the world.
Last year we launched Partner Workspaces and we're on the hunt for dynamic builders like you. This is an opportunity to be an early member of a team that owns and delivers a product which will be used by millions of Developers and business professionals worldwide.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead technical initiatives to solve ambiguous problems keeping customers in mind.
- You’ll work closely with engineering leaders and our product teams.
- Build and experiment quickly new ideas that will impact millions of people around the world.
- Design scalable solutions for validated ideas while keeping systems constraints in check.
- Perform code reviews and play a part in improving the overall maturity of the platform.
- Mentor early-career engineers to bring out the best in them and help them succeed at Postman.
- You're an experienced and product-minded engineer (3 years +) who has the desire, flexibility, and ability to wear multiple hats.
- You have experience defining the low level design for large scale web applications with millions of users worldwide.
- You're an outstanding engineer hungry for challenges.
- You're eager to dive deep, working across the stack.
- You have good written and verbal communication skills and experience collaborating across engineering teams.
Nice to have:
- Worked on pre product market fit solutions and launched it to customers.
- A passion for teaching and making others more productive.
- "Validate first and perfect later" mentality.
- Experience with NodeJS and React.
- Experience and excitement towards working with global, distributed teams.
- Alignment with our Values.
- An innate curiosity about how things work.
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency and honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. This position requires you to be present in our Bangalore office on Mondays,Wednesdays & Fridays.