Technical Program Manager
Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 12,000 customers cut their expenses by 3.5% per year and close their books 8x faster by switching to the Ramp platform.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment software in America and enables billions of dollars of purchases each year. Ramp continues to grow quickly, more than doubling its revenue run rate in the first half of 2022.
Valued at $8.1 billion, Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. Ramp was named Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in North America in 2023 and #5 on LinkedIn Top Startups 2022.
About the Role
Join as our founding Technical Program Manager to establish the program management function within our Engineering Organization. Your main engineering stakeholder will be the Ramp Foundations Engineering team, which is responsible for core platform functions such as User Identity Management (authentication, authorization, user communications, core data models), Product Security and Developer Experience, among others.
As a program manager, you will be responsible for championing critical technical and cross-functional programs within the engineering organization and its stakeholder teams to ensure they run smoothly and efficiently. You will make sure projects within these programs go according to plan, match Ramp’s high quality bar and are delivered accurately per specifications. You’ll work closely with multiple stakeholders and engineers to drive and deliver on the programs’ objective. You’ll also be directly involved in developing processes to support the programs and TPM practice.
What You’ll Do
- Own the successful definition, cross-functional strategy, planning and execution of large-scale technical programs that solve complex problems within the technical organization
- Understand the system architecture and technical components necessary for the successful delivery of the programs’ objectives
- Ensure high quality execution of projects in an effective manner
- Partner with engineering leaders to define technical roadmaps, understand how multiple projects overlap and complement each other, and ensure the programs fit within the goals of the organization
- Collaborate with lead engineers, engineering managers and other PMO groups to help communicate business and engineering strategies to the wider organization
- Manage work and collaborate cross functionally with stakeholders across the whole company and externally (partners, customers, regulators, etc)
Some initial focus areas include (but are not limited to):
- Technical programs driven by the Foundations Engineering (such as Production Engineering, Product Security, etc)
- Partnership Engineering: coordination and execution of programs driven by Ramp Partnerships team (financial institutions, HRIS, ERPs, API and integrations partnerships)
- Compliance and regulatory programs execution across data, analytics and software engineering
- Internal accounting programs (monthly book close automation, financial reporting and audits)
- Enterprise customer programs (in cases when enterprise customer requirements involve orchestrating a number of cross-functional teams to deliver on the business and product objectives)
What You'll Need
- Minimum 3 years of Technical Program Management experience preferred
- Experience translating a high-level roadmap into a set of discrete technical projects, with a deep understanding of what it takes to build scalable and reliable systems
- Ability to implement a broad program vision complemented by strong engineering and program management skills; experience overseeing and running technical programs, from planning to delivery
- Experience in project management methodologies and practices (agile, but not only)
- Experience leading multiple concurrent projects in an agile, fast-paced, frequently evolving environment
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and stakeholders from outside the company on shared initiatives
Nice to Haves
- Experience building programs in a hyper growth startup environment
- The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role in NYC is $174,000-$205,000 + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- One Medical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Please note only 401k contributions made while employed by Ramp are eligible for an employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Fertility HRA Up to $5,000 per year
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Wellness stipend
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Pet insurance
Something looks off?