Senior Product Counsel
Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 12,000 customers cut their expenses by 3.5% per year and close their books 8x faster by switching to the Ramp platform.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment software in America and enables billions of dollars of purchases each year. Ramp continues to grow quickly, more than doubling its revenue run rate in the first half of 2022.
Valued at $8.1 billion, Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. Ramp was named Fast Company’s most innovative finance company in 2022 and #5 on LinkedIn Top Startups 2022.
About the role
As Senior Counsel, Product, you will embed with the business and work closely with partners in Product, Engineering, Marketing, Security, and other teams to provide advice on legal and regulatory requirements throughout the product life cycle. You will drive and support complex, cross-functional projects that involve a range of legal and business issues at the intersection of technology and financial services. You will also represent the company externally in partner negotiations and regulatory matters.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with business teams to design new fintech products and operational structures
- Provide guidance on state, federal and international regulatory, privacy, intellectual property, and marketing issues, and the implications of product development and marketing strategies
- Advise on and negotiate complex partnerships with financial institutions, technology platforms, payments providers and other entities that provide or support financial products
- Understand and advise on financial services licensing and compliance issues
- Support marketing teams, develop content policies, and review marketing collateral
- Create content and train internal teams on legal topics including product development, intellectual property, privacy, and financial regulation
- Select and manage outside counsel
What You Need
- J.D. with strong academic background and highest level of integrity
- Membership in at least one state bar and ability to register as NY in-house counsel (NY Bar preferred)
- Minimum 6 years of legal experience, with minimum 4 years serving as product or regulatory counsel at a technology company
- Desire to act as a legal generalist as new areas of legal need arise within the company
- Proven ability to understand complex business and regulatory issues and translate them into actionable guidance
- Track record as a strong partner for business and product leaders, with great communication, organization and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple cross-functional projects simultaneously, and manage resource allocation to focus on the highest priority needs
- Familiarity with fintech, privacy, and intellectual property law preferred
- Experience in the fintech sector preferred
- Experience working at a top law firm or judicial clerkship preferred
The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role is $221,000-$260,000 + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- One Medical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Please note only 401k contributions made while employed by Ramp are eligible for an employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Wellness stipend
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Pet insurance
Something looks off?