Senior Data Scientist, Product Analytics
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! As a Senior Product Data Scientist at Rec Room, you will be responsible for a large strategic area and will use data to be an advocate for our players. Your insights into what users are doing on the platform will inform broader team strategy and impact their short and long-term roadmap. You'll be equal parts leader, investigator, and storyteller, shaping experiences towards delighting players and building a sustainable business.
As we scale, Product Data Scientists will embed within individual teams, and as the Senior Product Data Scientist, you would be expected to drive product thinking at the broader team level and guide other data scientists as needed. You might be helping the econ team think through how to scale the buyer and builder ecosystem, or helping the growth team think through how to give users more reason to return to the app. You might also help the User Generated Content team think through how to enable creators to build the best products, or the Social team how to make a player's experience more meaningful. The questions and potential for impact are huge.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work closely with our designers and developers to understand what users are doing on the platform. Broadly communicate those findings to the immediate team and beyond.
- Define top-level business and team KPIs, establish learning agendas, measurement plans, and success metrics in close coordination with the product team.
- Work with teams to build a culture of goal setting and accountability.
- Drive changes to our product roadmap based on quantitative insights.
- Structure thoughtfully designed A/B tests and up-level broader team through rigorous understanding of test results.
- Contribute as needed to improve overall infrastructure - including building pipelines, data documentation, and dashboarding.
- Work with the ML team as needed to develop novel features and understand performance.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH:
- 5+ years of product analytics experience, with a proven track record of deriving insights that lead to product changes
- A Bachelor’s or Masters in Math, CS, or related field
- Significant expertise in experimentation methodologies
- Very strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience with Python or R is a plus
- Experience with manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume data
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
- Effective communicator with the ability to distill complex concepts into easily digestible insights
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Rec Room strives to be an inclusive place for people from all walks of life. We support employees with competitive benefits, leave options, and unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants who are in need of a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, . Rec Room will work with each individual to define their application-related needs and to try to accommodate those needs.
Applicants can find our CCPA disclosure notice here.
Something looks off?