Senior Avionics Test Systems Engineer, HITL
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Avionics Test & Operations team is responsible for testing avionics hardware and systems across the entire product lifecycle of Terran 1 and Terran R: component-, subsystem-, and vehicle-level.
As a Senior Avionics Test Systems Engineer, HITL at Relativity Space, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the Hardware-in-the-Loop (HITL) test/simulation platform for avionics subsystems. This will involve working closely with the avionics and flight software teams to understand their testing needs and develop appropriate test systems. You will also be responsible for setting up and conducting tests, analyzing test data, and providing feedback to the design and development teams.
What you’ll do:
- Design and build a Hardware-in-the-Loop (HITL) testbed to conduct vehicle mission simulations
- Collaborate with hardware and software engineers to derive simulation platform requirements
- Oversee the integration of Avionics electrical systems, simulation hardware and software, and auxiliary support equipment
- Support vehicle troubleshooting and validate changes by creating and executing integrated testing on HITL
- Develop, document, and execute Avionics system verification/validation plans
What you need to know:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience with complex system design and architecture
- Familiarity with data acquisition and control system platforms such as NI, Beckhoff, or similar
- Experience working with electronics test equipment such as power supplies, DMMs, oscilloscopes, signal generators, and electronic loads
- Understanding of engineering requirements capture and the verification/validation test planning process
- Familiarity with common communication protocols such as Ethernet, CAN, UART, SPI, etc.
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python or MATLAB for data acquisition/recording and analysis
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Nice to haves but not required:
- Experience with complex operations (flight test, launch operations, large-scale manufacturing, etc)
- Previous experience with hardware-in-the-loop (HITL) test systems
- Familiarity with wire harness design
- Knowledge of electrical engineering principles and how they apply to avionics systems
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and wiring diagrams
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or MATLAB for automating tests and data analysis
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?