Mixed Signal Electrical Engineer II
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Avionics team is responsible for the design, testing, and production of electronic on the Terran 1 and Terran R launch vehicles. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for avionics hardware designs that work with multiple vehicle systems including but not limited to vehicle sensors, propulsion, computing, actuation, energy management, and communications. Avionics operation is critical to the successful flight of Terran 1, the world’s first 3D printed rocket.
What you’ll do:
- Drive architecture, design, and development of mixed signal electronics that will support the launch vehicle needs
- Drive electronics hardware through the full product lifecycle including circuit design and analysis, schematic capture, layout, prototyping, bring-up, troubleshooting, issue tracking, design verification, acceptance and qualification testing, and handoff to vehicle integration
- Work with partner teams such as propulsion, GNC, mechanisms, launch, etc. to define system requirements, interfaces, and understand system performance impacts of avionics designs
- Make complex technical decisions (risk tradeoffs, evaluation of trade studies, anomaly investigations, etc.)
- Support product life cycle from design to manufacturing
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 1+ years of experience inmixed-signal circuit design such as amplifiers, filters, analog to digital and digital to analog converters, I2C, Ethernet, SPI, and processors
- Familiarity with eCAD software such as Altium or equivalent
- Experience with hardware bring-up, validation, debugging, and data analysis
- Experience with board-level design from concept to manufacturing
- Ability to communicate deeply technical topics to a wide variety of audiences
- Experience working with highly cross-functional teams (mechanical, thermal, electrical, software, etc.) to develop integrated electronics solutions
- Comfortable with working in a fast paced and autonomously driven startup atmosphere
Nice to haves but not required:
- Knowledge in power supply components, memory interfaces, FPGAs, ASICs
- Low-noise analog signal conditioning and sensor interface design
- Experience with simulation software such as LTspice, MATLAB, or other
- Experience with design of electronics for harsh environments (vibe, thermal, vacuum, radiation, etc.)
- Experience with design of electronics for mission-critical applications (aviation, automotive, robotics, spacecraft, medical)
- Experience with system architecture development for complex electronics systems
- Full life cycle development of new hardware systems
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?